getting a better uai

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
rob83ke70

getting a better uai

Post by rob83ke70 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:04 pm

hey
I did my hsc in 2004, and I have to say, got a pretty lousy uai and some not too flash marks to go with it. Largely due to me not wanting to be there and preferring to work instead of go to school. I managed to get an apprenticeship after school, which I've completed without any dramas, and I'm now in a job I like. The thing is, I'd like to get into mechanical engineering, and I need a university degree. To do this, I need a better uai and a definite refresher in maths, and I need to study physics, and a refresher in chemistry and so on. Anyone done a bridging course or transition course at tafe or through oten at tafe (distance ed)? which course and what was it like? Course 9048 in tertiary preparation looks good i think? Not sure that I get get it done through distance education though. Its all so bloody complicated.

Robert.

Ben

Post by Ben » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:34 pm

UAI means squat once you are an adult so don't worry about that. Contact the University Admissions Centre and discuss your needs with them. USQ has a really good Mech Eng program that can be done externally. If you did an engineering trade you'll get decent recognition too.

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

rob83ke70

Post by rob83ke70 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:55 pm

Probably should have done an engineering trade. I'm an Automotive Mechanic. I will perhaps make some phone calls in the coming week. I'm pretty sure a refresher course in maths/chemistry/physics would do me the world of good though :)

UAI was the biggest load of crap I reckon, to get into a visual arts subject at uow, you needed some huge uai, and to get the huge uai you need to take the subjects that scaled well (ie maths/sciences etc) which weren't anything to do with the visual arts course!

Robert.

Return to “Open Slather”