nu finish polish - gone....?

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
steptoe
Master Member

nu finish polish - gone....?

Post by steptoe » Wed May 20, 2009 12:46 pm

had a mad rush yesterday looking for my prefered polish to find no one stocks it anymore. Autobarn dude told it will come in on next order - until he checked . NLA, none in stock by wholesaler. This product used to be everywhere (Coles and Woolies) until recently. It was great stuff. Two quick wet applications and it was an oxide remover, just one was good finish and easy to apply, easy to remove and buff up.

Found note on web stating back in Dec 2008 that new finish has a nu distrbutor One Force in Perth 08 - 9249 8762 and will be back on the shelves soon. Anyone in Perth care to make a local call to find out?

I resorted to buying a Meguirs fine cut marked down from 25 bucks to 12 at Repco. Noted many stores are reducing their stocks on car polish and rags. Coles had nu finish car wash down from 15 to just 4 bucks. Might be a good time to stock up on this stuff. SCA had one eagle one boxed polish kit and rag at 5 bucks - clearance.

dibs

Post by dibs » Wed May 20, 2009 8:06 pm

i recon polishis crap these days .

when i bought the rex i stayed with the polish the guy used . im not happy with it maguires its gone in weeks . and who thought of three trips around a car one to clean one to polish n one to seal. repo use to be good and kitten but now its gone in a few weeks .iv gone to mr sheen hehe .proven by my dad on his three yank tanks for yrs.

now heres one for the shine freaks. when i was a young wipper snipper the guy that ran the funeral joint in gosford .

wait for it

he used to use corn flower on his hearses. big black and one hell of a shine. but he never let on how to apply it and now hes had his last ride . no one will ever find out .

anyone here got a secret loation they use

ive been thinking about this thread for a wile now

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Wed May 20, 2009 8:31 pm

MMP is the new wholesale distributer for the whole of the Eastern states, first shipment of Nu-finish products arrives in roughly 2 weeks I think.
Speak to Brian the sales manager for more details - will PM you his mobile number.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed May 20, 2009 10:47 pm

ah, I get the PM now.... thanks for that AndrewT, good sleuthing. I called in at home this arvo to do a small job for Dad, and found a bottle in the shed. For good paint work I like Top Gear but it is also rumoured to be harder to get. I swear I am gonna keep the polish up before it goes yucko again.

one bottle batch date oct04 made in Australia by Advil P/L, the 2005 was made in the US

daveosubi

Post by daveosubi » Thu May 21, 2009 3:55 pm

dibs wrote:
now heres one for the shine freaks. when i was a young wipper snipper the guy that ran the funeral joint in gosford .

wait for it

he used to use corn flower on his hearses. big black and one hell of a shine. but he never let on how to apply it and now hes had his last ride . no one will ever find out .

anyone here got a secret loation they use

ive been thinking about this thread for a wile now

dibs
You made me do a search :)

http://www2b.abc.net.au/science/k2/stn/ ... 31764.shtm

"Commonwealth Car Drivers often had a lot of time on their hands while they waited for their Politicians who were sitting in Parliment House Canberra. They came up with a method of enhancing the car's duco paint finish by keeping a talcum powder bottle and wooley duster (on a cane stick) in the boot of the car. The Baby Talcum Powder was emptied and refilled with corn flower powder. When the car had been sitting in the hot sun for a while and the metal body and paint was warm the driver sprinkled the corn flower over the duco surface. He then gently moved the powder around and around the surface of the duco slowly with the woolly duster. The corn flower soon became warmed by the surface of the paint and corn oil was exuded from the powder attaching itself to the paint. When the corn flower had been applied to all of the duco the wooly duster was applied in a more vigerous manner. The result was any dust adhereing to the surface was floculated (captured by the oily corn flower particles) and carried off away from the car by the wind. A film of corn oil was left behind on the surface of the duco causing it to shine brilliantly. Following this treatment, Rainwater and Dew beaded readily running off the surface leaving it spotlessly clean."

Reminds me of a guy i saw on lygon st chammy his vl at 1 in the morning, still makes me laugh.

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:06 pm

liquid amber
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

dibs

Post by dibs » Thu May 21, 2009 6:13 pm

whats liquid amber chuby . i thought it was beer. lol

that was a good read . mite try that on the rex somewere just to see if i can get it rite.
i love to see water bead of a car.it shows how much pride you have in your ride

and me i loooovvvveee the rex i love to drive it, i love watching people look at it, and yep i love talking about it.

but wait till i rebuild the brumby lol

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Thu May 21, 2009 6:19 pm

you could drink it but you wont like it.....its a polish from easy-gleam at underwood..if you ever remember jammy dune when he said his kids played tick tack toe and his saab and gave it a wash wish grael...its the stuff we used on it when it came into the dealership when i was detailing....bought it up like new...not cheap tho by any means..around $100 a ltr bottle
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri May 22, 2009 9:47 am

I have also been a fan of that little dude under pressure, Mr Sheen. Smells pretty good too. One tip I picked up from an embassy guy years ago was he would use just a cap of super petrol in a bucket of warm water to wash his Merc. It may have attracted dust but stopped crap sticking to the paintwork

Return to “Open Slather”