Big boys bagging Subies

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
yarney
General Member

Big boys bagging Subies

Post by yarney » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:42 pm

I found this post it started out a subie driver stirring up his mate about his real 4wd then snowballed.

They bag Subaru's for tearing up tracks:confused: but they forget about the times they spin there 35" mud tyres and dig massive holes so nobody else can get through.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/showt ... hp?t=52110

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:12 pm

Bloody sooks. They whinge and bitch about the Subarus tearing the track up as they go through and then in the next sentence tell you that they can go more places than a Subaru because they have better clearance. So is it they are better offroad or only when the roads are easy and not torn up?

Idiots.

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Just finished reading the whole thread.What a cracker.Trust the WA Imageboys to give the rest of us a bad name.Waiting for the Image.HEHE:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:21 pm

LOL is all i can say.

stop comparing their rigs to ours over rocks and shit (ie the no articulation debate they have) and compare them on beaches and dunes
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:37 pm

heh yes well, afaik that video was definitely not supposed to be a collection of videos demonstrating subaru's being used in a responsible manor....it was just a collection of videos demonstrating subaru's :)
When it gets posted on a forum like that it's bound to get slammed to the ground. edit - there are plenty of videos of people from other states being hoons in Subaru's, we just happen to be pretty active over here and very snap happy with the cameras!

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:51 pm

alex prepares himself for a battle.

im keen as punch to show them whos boss in ANY terrain except massive rutted out territory.

BRING IT ON!

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:32 pm

Funny read. All out shit war. . .

Whats Flex? a part you can buy?
Or is it just the ridiculous length the springs/shocks can stretch (for rock climbing :))

Jimmy G

Post by Jimmy G » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:42 pm

It is scientifically proven - the tare weight of the vehicle is inversely related to the size of the penis

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:44 pm

Jimmy G wrote:It is scientifically proven - the tare weight of the vehicle is inversely related to the size of the penis
LOL
we shuld all be right then ;)
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Wicked. Who put that on youtube anyhows?

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:15 pm

It's funny the big Maverick i snatched out last weekend was more than impressed with my car. Poor bagga spent 3 hours digging before i turned up and got him out. He let his tyres down (which i didn't) and i was towing the camper trailer and still made it through.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:15 pm

all the wheel ruts and tyre damage i have seen 4x4ing seemed to be from tyres tooo big to ever fit a subaru....fang,stinky,jan and curly and myself went 4x4ing at the back of sprinfield and a patrol did more to the tracks then all 4 of our cars could ever hope to do
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

theclick

Post by theclick » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:19 pm

From being on fraser, the worst areas are caused by the bigger vehicles, namedly the big arse tourist busses that go through there.

Story could be different on other types of tracks

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:23 pm

its all about driving skill I rekon. Subaru's are less capable pretty much in most scenarios when compared to a well setup "real" 4x4 but that's why Subaru drivers are usually better 4x4 drivers. It really hones your skills at things like picking the right line etc.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 am

Wouldn't that upset them. Tell them that they have no skill and therefore need all the difflocks and height they can muster.

The main trouble is we know the limits of our cars. They don't have a clue and most of them have the "cruiser" mentality that drives me crazy. For some reason most of them are told that a Subaru is crap and then they believe it. They, meaning most, wouldn't have an open mind between them.

You could go down to the local tractor sales yard and buy for less what most of those clowns are trying to build. Maybe they should just go buy a massey and put a cruiser body on it. They would ride the same, have front and rear diff locks and excellent low range as well as a PTO they could run their winches from.

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:21 am

It's all about the driver. I'm fortunate to have been on both sides of the fence.
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:31 am

No matter what make/model vehicle you own, there is always some one out there who is willing to waste more money and pump there ego wile knocking others down because they have a 'lesser car'... but who is the real judge of that? YOU!

At the end of the day your using the cars as you want and as you please and its your money and your style, Who cares what others think!

SUBARU FOR LIFE :D

my 2c ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am

What's with the mentality of those "Big Boys" and clearance?

At most there is 1" (25mm) difference between a stock LC - Patrol and a Subaru and and in some cases the Subies are higher and we also know just about any vehicle can be lifted and like Outback Bloke said any fool can buy tractor and put a LC - Patrol body on it but it takes skill to use something to the max of it's ability something a lot of Toorak Taxi drivers can't do.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Peter

rubisubi

Post by rubisubi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:29 am

Isnt that toms newish ride?

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:30 pm

I think both sides of that arguement have their prejudices... The mystery "mate with the mouth" that loves his subi is not involved first hand.

Yes a subi in stock form is okay in the bush - the L series that the mystery mate has is a good example.

Yes some modification can make them a good offroader.

I don't know why the "big real 4wd's" need to be modded to out do the "crappy little subi" if they're such a real 4wd anyway...

Personally I think it all comes down to personal preference, skill level and ultimately how much moula you've spend on your choice of 4wd. I reckon the subi is a very capable unit and I've spend very little on mine so far (hence why its still stock).

I know that for one of those modified "real 4wds" you could probabily buy two subi's, modify them and have change left over to fill the tank and have some fun!

Either way, this debate will live on, its the same as whether snow boarding is better than skiing and vise versa.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Open Slather”