Rant Thread!

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Alex
Elder Member

Rant Thread!

Post by Alex » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:49 pm

IM ANGRY!

i thought id start this thread cos im severely angry right now!, got rear ended on the way home, only to watch the old ***** in his piece of sh1t falcon bugger off! my rear bumper is stuffed, all the paint is cracked and ****ed.

i got his rego, and my uncle's a cop, he's ****ed! grrrrrrrrrrr

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:52 pm

GO get him tiger!!!:twisted:
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:55 pm

In the lib i assume?

That sucks, so you are saying it was a hit and run by an old fella?
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:55 pm

who cares, it was a falcon.....and no there was no damage

and it was in my liberty, if i was in the wagon i woulda reversed over the *****.

EDIT: yes it was a hit and run

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)

previously

ChPLAT

Post by ChPLAT » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:15 pm

What so he hit you and just sped off. Not even a stop to see if you or the car was alright. Man I hate today's society, even though you said he was old.
Past rides-
1989 Brumby

Current ride-
MY06 Liberty 2.5i Sedan

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:35 pm

he wasnt that old, he knew exactly what he did.

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)

previously

Lapsed

Post by Lapsed » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:58 pm

asshole, It is never good cause insurance will bugger you around. Its an excuse to get a better rear bumper

SUBARU OFF-ROAD RECOVERY VEHICLE

julian

Post by julian » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:58 pm

Leaving the scene of an accident and failing to stop to give assistance is a big thing in SA after a couple of public fuery fuelled inquiries into the handling of a few incidents. Nail the ***** for all you can, legally and financially.

I sympathise for you though, a while back I watched a dude try to park in the bay next to mine and CRUSH the side of my classic car with his bullbar armed 60 series cruiser only before flicking off his lights and gunning it. All while I was walking back to the car. The crap thing was he didn't bother reversing out once he made contact- just kept going straight damaging 2 doors and a quater panel and shifting the car about 6 inches in the process. Didn't see rego plate in the dark. Shannons were good with the claim though, compo insured write off.
Julian

2004 Outback H6
2004 Forester XS

Organ donation saves lives

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:30 pm

**** of a thing the happen Alex :( , where did this happen and can you give a discription of the car .

Mike.
ImageImage

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:32 pm

my bullbar is pretty strong if you find the guy. u know, for whatever, but mainly smashing the **** thru his car :p

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:22 am

sorry to hear mate! :( got some nice bumbers here for the gen3 libs at work ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:12 am

Maybe he saw you beaten by your sis and thought you needed a push...

Seriously though, thats' sh!thouse. I've seen people do it with shopping trolleys in carparks - purely accidental but they take off ASAP as guilty as sin. I've taken down rego & description of the car/person, time, location etc then go and have a look after they've left - usually with no damage to the car.

Make sure you make a police report asap if not already done. A mate of mine was rear ended by a P plater in a riced up magna (yes very sad) - he took off with out stopping at the scene of the accident.

She went to file a report, had his rego and all, got there and the cops said "that's funny - he just came in to file a report to say you backed out of a car park into his car - you got any witnesses?" She didn't and the whole thing slid - even though the back of her car was a mess and the rear door couldn't be opened...

This sort of thing should never happen these days.

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:14 pm

NOW IM EVEN MORE ANGRY!

just got a call from the cops. The plates that where on the red falcon are off a old nissan patrol, they got "handed" in at bunbury(about 200km south of perth) 3 or 4 years ago! fukn *****s! just shows you what people can get away with!

needless to say i will be hanging around that intersection to look for the bastard! time to ramp up a BULLBAR on the wagon me thinks :)

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)

previously

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:39 pm

ChPLAT wrote:What so he hit you and just sped off. Not even a stop to see if you or the car was alright. Man I hate today's society, even though you said he was old.
hahaha^.

...bullbar and a video camera on your roof ;)

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:48 pm

my turn for a random rant. angry at the subaru.
its like my L series doesnt want me to drive it. only just get it driveable again and it fcks ups again.
list of fckups in the past 3 months:
-captive nuts broke spent about 3 weeks fixing those. car drove ok for about 4 weeks or so weeks.
- radiator fully serviced, then
-headers broke in half 2 weeks ago. a couple days off the road.
-got them back on, the same day 2 annoying coolant hoses split. spent the next day fixing those. funny noises start when boosting, keep driving
- WA BBQ a couple days later turbo fck itself.
- car off the road for 9 days, fit new turbo.
- get car back today, is all good, fix up some minor intercooler issues.
- an hour later when to go for drive car wont start. no fuel pump priming. spend 2 hours trying to fix, radio fcks up.
-notice the other cv boot is now leaking/torn badly.
BAH! when will the spending and problems end?! not a fan of the subaru atm.
but tomorrow is another day.

EDIT: - and also i need to eventually swap back to a 3.7 gbox coz this one sux and i have a welded diff sitting ready. i wanna buy a wreck tho for more spare parts so theres some more $ spent on the suba

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:22 am

That's alright Subafury. Bros called Ruby Scoo a piece of sh!t, the next bend in the road and she cracked it with him - blowing out the side of the radiator!

But yes, they do give you the sh!ts. I'm over the EA82 cos i've been playing around with things and sorta neglecting other things cos I didn't have the time to fix them. When this happens they all pile up.

I want to give the '82 a fair go, everytime I got 4wd'n my faith in the old donk is renewed.

My main problems now are sorting the rad and working out how to recoil the exhaust port bolts to a larger size. Think the engine will be coming out for this job...

Cheers

Bennie

L-Raiser

Post by L-Raiser » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:24 am

Subafury wrote:my turn for a random rant. angry at the subaru.
its like my L series doesnt want me to drive it. only just get it driveable again and it fcks ups again.
list of fckups in the past 3 months:
-captive nuts broke spent about 3 weeks fixing those. car drove ok for about 4 weeks or so weeks.
- radiator fully serviced, then
-headers broke in half 2 weeks ago. a couple days off the road.
-got them back on, the same day 2 annoying coolant hoses split. spent the next day fixing those. funny noises start when boosting, keep driving
- WA BBQ a couple days later turbo fck itself.
- car off the road for 9 days, fit new turbo.
- get car back today, is all good, fix up some minor intercooler issues.
- an hour later when to go for drive car wont start. no fuel pump priming. spend 2 hours trying to fix, radio fcks up.
-notice the other cv boot is now leaking/torn badly.
BAH! when will the spending and problems end?! not a fan of the subaru atm.
but tomorrow is another day.

EDIT: - and also i need to eventually swap back to a 3.7 gbox coz this one sux and i have a welded diff sitting ready. i wanna buy a wreck tho for more spare parts so theres some more $ spent on the suba

Sorry to hear about all this Mat.... :???:

Unfortunately, it sounds like a sign that your car trying to tell you that she is old and tired....For an offroader she's a lil bit long in the tooth.

My L was starting to get that way too before I decided on a full rebuild.....just little things here n there starting to fail or play up a bit or just plain go silly and engine decided it didnt want to PLAY anymore....This is exactly what prompted me to fix everything in one hit..... I added up allllllll the money that I had spent on the old darlin over a 3 year period since Ive been offroading regularly and I was staggered at how much Id spent.... I realised if I up the ante and invest some more $$$'s I could improve all areas of the car to really young or new parts.....making it reliable and cheaper to maintain/repair in the longterm.

Tiz also why I steered away from the EA82 Turbo upgrade option, coz the engine design and parts are going on 20 years old now....parts are getting harder to find and will cost more to service/maintain....

If you are great with a spanner like most of you guys are....then this is great...but for people like me who dont have the experience....younger mechanicals made more sense to me....and reliability is CRUCIAL when out in the middle of some desert, miles from any repair shops....

I hope you get your baby fixed up real soon....your turbo and other upgrades sound very interesting....

Kaz :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

L-Raiser

Post by L-Raiser » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:36 am

Alex, that really really sucks!!! What a 8ASTARD!!!! :o

First Hatchie scores a rock thru its window....now you get your new Lib rear ended on a hit n run...and now you can never get the guy to PAY for his damage....! I swear this world is deteriorating more all the time....

Reminds me of Sydney, when I lived there years ago....when you would see a fresh stolen car stripped, then burnt almost every few days! Sydney got too depressing, so I came home to Perth....but Perth is getting more like Sydney all the time...(sigh) ...Ive never seen so many stolen cars in Perth before.....On ROE Hwy, earleir in the year....there would a fresh stolen car sitting, abandoned, with a police fluro sticker on it every week at different locations....better lately though...

Kaz
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:43 pm

Your thoughts are pretty much on par with some of mine at the moment kaz. I'm having trouble with the threads on the '82's block - they keep stripping out, even some of the re-coils are moving. One has ripped out and i'm looking at a bigger stud and re-coil thread to replace it. Hopefully it'll last a year or two before I put something different in there.

Its just getting annoying atm.

Bennie

subanator

Post by subanator » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:17 pm

Hey Subafury, I know what you are putting up with. I made the decision 6 months back to flog the EA82T L-Series while I was ahead and it was still running good with no apparent probs at the time. I too was sick of fixing **** and finding 20y.o. parts that were too rare locally, then the time spent fixing etc just got me as I was doing that with motorbikes at the same time also.
Cut my losses and bought the Forester, hey look its EJ equipped and everything works.
'03 Forester X, stock standard for now.

'89 EA82T Touring Wagon, 5-speed D/R, 14" alloy wheels, bullbar. (Past ride)

'81 MY wagon, 3" lift, 5-speed D/R, Weber, 14x27" tyres. (Past ride)

Return to “Open Slather”