election

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:43 pm

Its always a healthy debate :), i personally do not mean to get at anyone, just to question opinions... thus a healthy debate,
Adding smilies I find can make words a bit lighter ;)
BENduro wrote: I voted Labor based on having a social and environmental conscience and I look forward to us once again becomming a progressive, caring, sharing and tollerant nation:)
Totally agreed, I believe John Howard was narrow minded, arrogant and selfish. He has said many times throughout his career (yes just like all pollies) that we should be proud to Australian... :rolleyes:

But with Johnnie I'm not proud, I feel exactly the opposite. Not because of how he ran the country at home, but how we are looked at from the outside world.
When one travels over sea, firstly you let it known you are not American :p
Then that you're not English, and so on...
People don't care if you're Australian because basically we aren't the greatest power on Earth. And generally people don't care we're Australian because they just think we're Pathetic. They think we're pathetic because they think of us all like Mr J Howard :( and how he acts and what he thinks on Global Issues.

*Note, Bumpty sucks at putting his thoughts through keyboard and onto puter paper*

subanator

Post by subanator » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:01 am

I want to know who the hell are these Fishing parties??????
Did any one vote for them, dont know what state they were from, but got a laugh reading the newspaper this morning.
'03 Forester X, stock standard for now.

'89 EA82T Touring Wagon, 5-speed D/R, 14" alloy wheels, bullbar. (Past ride)

'81 MY wagon, 3" lift, 5-speed D/R, Weber, 14x27" tyres. (Past ride)

Clearwater99

Post by Clearwater99 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:14 am

There is a whole generation of people that have grown up and worked under a Liberal federal government. The generations before them fort for there rights at work. If this government stayed CHRISTMAS WOULD BE CANCELED !

The nation is under skilled .. hopefully somebody can fix it.
Speiling mistakes .. me never !

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:12 pm

I said I wasn't going to say any more but I can't hold my breathe any longer.

I found this funny, I dare say some of you won't.

http://www.ausubaru.com/junk/Top4.pps

Don't shoot the messenger......
There is a whole generation of people that have grown up and worked under a Liberal federal government. The generations before them fort for there rights at work. If this government stayed CHRISTMAS WOULD BE CANCELED !
If it wasn't for the Liberal government giving some rights back to employers there would be less people employed. Rights at work mean jack **** if you don't have a job now do they? People in charge of companies and bigger businesses these days are, or should I say, were breathing a bit easier with extra cash coming in, being able to afford to employ more workers thanks to a great economy and being able to put some of these people off if they don't perform to what is expected of them without recourse from the unions.

Give the unions some power back and watch the work force drop away. Employers will not employ people that they can't get rid of if need be.

I grew up and worked under both governments. I managed to get myself and family in to our first home. We struggled like hell on apprentice pay but we were coping. Introduce Paul Keating and "the depression we had to have" and I lost my job because no one could afford to build any houses, so my boss couldn't afford to pay me and I couldn't afford the mortgage any more either. Paul Keating gave me something though. A piece of paper that said I am bankrupt. Yep, lost the lot.

Put Liberal back in to power and they manage to sort out the crap that was done before them, the building industry is powering and we have just saved enough after all these years to buy another home and look what happens. No way in hell am I going to buy it with in the next 3 years. I can't afford to lose it again.

I hope I am wrong and if I am I will gladly listen to you all say I told you so. God help us if I am right.

PeeJay

Post by PeeJay » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:15 pm

Thankfully Rudd has experience with business so there is at least one person in the Labor party who knows something. But I have it on good authority that the innards of the Labor party operate like the marfia, so hopefully Mr Rudd can stand his ground and make the unions realise they are not the centre of the universe.

Not that I'm totally a Liberal supporter either - Work Choices should have been handled better and the sale of Telstra was totally @#$%ed up. But they did do a hell of a lot of good.

I am just about ready to buy my first house. Or was. I think I might wait and see if the new government are a bunch of clowns first.

dibs

Post by dibs » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:06 pm

BRUMBI wrote:LOOK OUT... here comes the union's
yep in his opening speach rud said that unions and workers shal get along bull s&^t i recon . why is there no ford or holden factorys in aus now why r wages realy so high . it wont be compolisary to be in a union but in my game you will have to be in one to get on site .the joy of it alllllllllll.iv seen strikes sitins and the likes . i hope i eat my words time will tell but i know one thing the brumby will be the last to go

dibs

Clearwater99

Post by Clearwater99 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:36 pm

America .. 47% have less than 1,000 dollars in liquid funds ..

Sub prime loans .. The banks have flooded the market's many have made millions buying and selling house's .. the high risk loans are yet to be paid for .. Hence a false economy on growth ..

Labour will be the scape goat..

I hope i am wrong .................................

oh yeh i forgot to say the majority have spoken the majority will rule .. muahhahahahhahahahahaaa
Speiling mistakes .. me never !

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:38 pm

Look, ....I've seen both sides...

I have been a wage earner...then had my own business for five years...and now am a wage earner again.

When I had my own business in Longreach, we dreaded to hire anyone because of the unfair dismissal laws..I used to own one of the tour boats in Longreach. So we just used casual employees to help us out...We never made big money, but an unfair dismissal claim would have wiped us out. We had a mortgage and young kids going to school, you never made a fortune, just lived week to week,hand to mouth..tourism can be so fickle and price of fuel and weather can stop outback tourism in its tracks.

I now live in Toowoomba and am on a wage. I can see the other side too. The workchoice legislation was designed for one purpose..protect the employer and that's fine but it went too far. We all saw and heard the stories of kids being exploited and people dismissed that should have got a fair go. There are unscrupulous employers and bludging employees. I work with some blokes that I wouldn't even feed. If they turned up out west for a job, they would be left out at the mailbox with their swag.

But, wait and see. Rudd will have his disasters too. Reckless ministers and no doubt will limp from ministerial scandal to scandal. They all do. ...and further down the track, back will come the liberals.

Yes, the economys good. But at what price...job security is important and so are low interest rates. to find the happy medium is difficult.

Lets all cool down and wait and see what happens....(I've had my ten cents worth)....

dibs

Post by dibs » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:27 pm

loved that 1st 2nd 3rd 4th place thing just got up of the floor
dibs

dibs

Post by dibs » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:36 am

well its on again looks like we have strikes over xmas at the airports. annnndddddd intrest rates to go up.

o well every one have a suby xmas and a boxer new year

dibs

Cam

Post by Cam » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:43 am

quick blame it on labor, they haven't even got control over the senate and in all reality have done stuff all so far, yet many ppl are gonna start blaming them for everything that goes wrong. I think johnies legacy is yet to end with many things that weren't dealt with just coming to light, ie the massive trade deficit.
I'm not usually really interested in politics but i think it was time for change. And in a few elections time it'll be time for change again so my vote'll reflect that.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:01 pm

Generally I like to hang on to things unless they have gone bad. I don't throw out beer because I have got bourbon in the fridge and I want to change. I don't change the tyres on my car unless they are no good. I don't go out looking for a new wife as soon as she does some thing simple that I don't like.

Yet you look at the election and the only and I mean only, reason Liberal were voted out was because people wanted a change. It was not because the Liberal party did any thing wrong. Quite the opposite in reality, yet shallow minded people could not see past the bull**** and voted against them.

True, Labour have done stuff all so far. That is pretty well what they do. stuff all they do.

BENduro

Post by BENduro » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:26 pm

"Shallow minded", mmm. I was thinking the opposite actually...I think the nation has finally woken up and seen through the proverbial that is the Liberal party!
I hope that the majority of votes were for progression and a move away from the regressive thinking, policy making and party philosophy that was the Howard government and is still the Liberal party.
Liberal by name, NOT by nature...Conservative party would be a more appropriate name and perhaps if the party is to be successful in the future they will need to look at changing their philosophy so as to move with and even ahead of the times.

PeeJay

Post by PeeJay » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:42 pm

So please do explain how the Labour party are all those things you just talked about. Someone said much the same during the election campaign and I'm still trying to work out what the heck they were talking about.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:26 pm

bumpidy bump.....

record fuel prices, and the stock market finishes in the negative for the 12th successive day...

labor shame.

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

theclick

Post by theclick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:36 pm

OMG, you can't seriously blame that on our government, especially one that has been in for like 2 montsh

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Alex wrote:bumpidy bump.....

record fuel prices, and the stock market finishes in the negative for the 12th successive day...

labor shame.

alex
not to mention soaring Grocery prices.....
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:02 pm

i look for any excuse possible :)

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:30 pm

Chalk it up to the "Milky Bar Kid"

I wonder what happened to the relief for home owners? Weren't interest rates meant to go down with the new government?

2 years 6 months approx. until we can fix it. At least every day we put up with it is a day closer to them being gone again.

Return to “Open Slather”