Our best friend has passed .......

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Willie

Our best friend has passed .......

Post by Willie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:12 pm

Basil, our (nearly) 13 yo Foxy cross passed away overnight.

My wife had been away for two weeks, returning last night. When she rose this morning (I'd already left for work on my pushbike), she went to feed the dog, but couldn't find him. She went to look under the trailer (his favourite cool resting place) and found him laying there without any movement.

She rang me at work to let me know, so I returned home and took him to the vet for cremation.

The worst part was telling our 7 yo daughter this afternoon after school. She was very upset and her tears and comments started us all crying.

He was a great little dog, fantastic with the kids and is sorely missed already.

No matter how bad your day has been, dogs are always there to greet you when we get home, carrying on like they hadn't seen you for months with unconditional love and affection.

RIP Basil - we love you, mate.
Willie.
Canberra

MY06 Forester XT Luxury
MY05 Pajero Exceed DiD
1975 VW L Bug (1303)

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:17 pm

sorry to here, sounds like he was a great dog, its even worse when they are sick

RIP basil
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:13 pm

My condolensces to you & your family Wille it is no joy losing a family member.

I had to put my 14yr old Black Lab (M) down at the end of June as he had a bleeding Tumor on his Pancreas and the prognosis was not in his favour as the Vet it would prolong his life by 3 - 4mths max before he would die from other Tumors that would have been spread to his Liver - Lungs & Kidneys etc by the internal bleeding.
We still have our 14yr old Golden Lab (F) she is deaf and near blind but she still bounces around like a pup when she greets you, we have had to put an "El Cheapo" radio near her bed as she gets disorientated at night and yaps in fear, so the radio reassures her so we and the neighbors sleep as peacefully she does. :D
Peter

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:40 pm

bad news Willie, we went through this afew months back. Our staffy was only 5 years old when she had some kind of liver infection. Lost her very suddenly. Very very devastating. Its not the same without them around.

Hope you all recover well,

all the best

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Return to “Open Slather”