Road Rage

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
blue collar

Road Rage

Post by blue collar » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:39 pm

G'day, How Many Subie Owners Here Have Been Cut -off, Almost Run Off The Road, Had Some Pimple Farm "accidentally" Run A Shopping Trolley Into Your Car Or Had Similar Encounters With The Public At Large While Following Every B****y Road Rule Known To Man?

Tonight I Think I Found A Finalist For D***head Of The Year. Finished A 12hour Shift At Work And Picked Up My Family To Go Do The Weekly Shopping, No Dramas There, Took The Most Practical Route, At The Speed Limit, Giving Way, Stopping Fully At Intersections, Doing The Right Thing.

About Halfway There This Mongrel Roars Up Behind Us In A Landrover Discovery, 3inches Off My Towball, Music [?] Blaring, High Beams A'flashing Etc.., So I Did The Only Thing Safe At The Time, I Moved Over To Let The Big F.o. Truck Past, Which He Did..and Wrenched His Steering Back Over To The Edge Of The Road, Showering The Car In Gravel And Crap.

Now I'm Not An Unreasonable Person, But Two Things Got The Better Of Me; The Fact That My Missus And Two Young Kiddies Were In The Car With Me. And If The Windscreen Had Smashed We May Have Ended Up Parked In This Blokes Back Seat. Mind You We Were Doing 60k's When He Passed Us At 80, Before Pulling Up To 40.?????????
Think I'll Get A F100 For "other" Driving........

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:46 pm

need a monster truck for pr**ks like him
well see whos gonna be infront now
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:45 am

Absolute mindless/dangerous driving atm from people in Australia.
Just this week in W.A a baby girl sustained massive injuries when a motorist smashed the front window in of a car been driven by the mother. The passenger of the 2nd car used a steering lock in the incident.
I have also had 2 incidences this week alone were I have been run off the road by over confident drivers trying to ‘egg me on’ down Leach Highway only to realise they have too much speed and run out of room so I have had to hard brake as they have tried to make room into my lane. It’s really starting to annoy me and not only scare me as the Australian road death toll climbs at a dramatic rate.. i feel scared now to drive with my 2 kids in the car..
My 2c
Brendan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

cooloothin

Post by cooloothin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:19 pm

how sad that i signed into the forums this morning to make a post about road rage and there's already one here.. it's a sad state. I've just done 5000km in the last 2 weeks, with maybe one idiot who pulled back in a bit close after a highway overtake. No other mishaps.

I get back to 'big smoke' geraldton, leave our driveway this morning to go grocery shopping, and the knob shiner Big Man commodore from up the road rides our tail to the end of the street. Having woken up on the wrong side of the bed and not yet had brekky, i (being the passenger) made a 'Back Off' hand wave at him. He proceeded to follow us for the 10 minute drive into town, pulled up beside us at the lights, and rolled his window down. Attempting to avoid a situation I immediately did the same and said "I was just waving you to back off because you were too close for my liking" to which he kinda said 'yeah alright' but then abused us in front of his primary school aged son. "I don't care, pull your f**ken head in or i'll pull it in for ya!"

*vrooooom...i-have-a-v8-and-a-beer-gut-so-watch-it*

parked in the garage when i got home, he strikes me as the type who'd let your tyres down.
RIP: stock '84 Sportswagon 4sp SR (sold after 13 years loyal service, to the wreckers for $100 :( )

'08 79V Forester X 5sp DR + subaxtreme bullbar, sump guard, Yoko geo ATS, kybs & 1inch kings (daily driver and go-anywhere tourer)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:41 pm

Yeah nice <insert sarcasim here>

People in benders just need to learn how to drive... how to use roundabouts etc...

I just get a kick out of it but we still get our ****heads around here too.

Last week i watched a P plater take off from a stop sign in the wet, got it very very sideways, over-corrected and ended up stalling in the middle of the road. He was lucky there was no traffic on the road and i'm glad i hadn't pulled out the driveway as he came around the corner.

I shook my head at him... i don't think his gf was very happy either...

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:12 am

Had a turkey in a VN to the left where the lane suddenly turned into parking, so instead of stop, wait his turn to get in flow or merge, he cut in front of me like, shoot did he make it ?! so a gentle toot from me then mysteriously activated HIS brakes in performing an emergency STOP. Other than up his poor arse I had nowhere to go other than oncoming traffic lane. To avoid an unprovoked attack on this retard with my Club Lock, I turned off to cool down.

Had another turd in his Alphapha overtake me in a 80 zone with roadworks resealing with rock size gravel ,rezoned to 60. Pr1ck sprayed me with rocks in me brothers shiny black Suxuki Sierra. Well, he did not advertise the fact it had a 1500 Toyoda and celica five speed, so zipped it down a cog or two and hauled into orbit and overtook the sprout car and gave him the same and worse - he backed off

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:25 pm

Cant' beat them join 'em eh?

That story reminded me of an incident earlier this year where i had my subi full of gear from a house that was being demolished - including a plate of reinforced glass on the roof, glad i'm good at tieing knots...

I was on plenty rd, bundoora area cruising up a hill in the centre of 3 lanes, on the speed limit... This ford on my right decided in true victorian style to indicate and move, without initially checking, from behind a slow vehicle - only problem was that i was coming up beside him. He saw me at the last minute, gave up on moving into my lane since i was pretty much beside his car at this stage.

His idea was to brake hard, merge into the left hand lane from behind my car then speed up the left hand side - trying to get past me before a slower car (that i was gaining on) cut his small window off. Needless to say, he clipped the roo bar with his rear bumper, i wish it left a scrape mark or better still rip his bumper off but it didn't. After that he decided to play the brakes for some fun, did it about 4 times til we were down to 30km/h with me almost in his rear seat - this is the point that i wished the glass slid of my roof into his back seat, but also glad it didn't due to the fine i would have copped.

After changing lanes and taking his rego, this idiot took off like the hero he isn't. I never got around to reporting him, something i will make sure i do next time a situation like this rear's its ugly head...

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:26 pm

Treat every other driver on the road like a total ****head - mums addy¡

schultzie

Post by schultzie » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:13 pm

so what about the truck drivers that keep a sake distance and then have ppl cut in front of them and then these idiots wonder why when things start stopping they have a truck mm off their ass

i work on a mobile crane... now the new ones do stop pretty good but the older ones (4yrs and older) dont and just because they go slow every one makes a point of taking up the 50+ meter safety gap....

IDOTSS...
L-series Ea82t, WAIC+BOV 1Bar, 15's, 5sp dr, WOLF3D V4+, =D

subanator

Post by subanator » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:30 am

Best not get involved with some of these incidents, just dont know who is iced up these days :(

Merging lanes and roundabouts are just aggression zones, just another excuse to get cut off for a pointless race to the single lane?

Had to laugh the other week with the episode on South Park about old people driving - so true! :)
'03 Forester X, stock standard for now.

'89 EA82T Touring Wagon, 5-speed D/R, 14" alloy wheels, bullbar. (Past ride)

'81 MY wagon, 3" lift, 5-speed D/R, Weber, 14x27" tyres. (Past ride)

Return to “Open Slather”