Covid19, “lockdown” and Easter...

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
El_Freddo
Master Member

Covid19, “lockdown” and Easter...

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:49 am

Amid all the recent, let’s face it - shit - of the covid19 fiasco and our new way of living (hopefully only for now), I hope everyone manages to have an enjoyable long weekend this Easter.

It sucks not being able to see my olds that are in the vulnerable category - not that they really cared in the beginning - but they’re taking it seriously now, glad they didn’t wait until it was too late!

So 2020 isn’t a great start to the decade we all thought it would be. It certainly brougt along change with it!

Out of all of this I hope we as a nation realise we don’t need products from other countries and that we can choose to be self sufficient as a nation producing all we need in-house. Hopefully this will stabilise our employment for many, and build our national pride once again.

Here’s to a good, socially distanced, Easter!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Subyroo

Re: Covid19, “lockdown” and Easter...

Post by Subyroo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Happy Easter El_Freddo!

As somebody said elsewhere on the Internet: "Now that I can afford to pay for fuel, I cannot go anywhere." :cry:

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:14 am

Sorry I haven't been back here for a while so will have to update a few things ... :shock:
Got a new computer & lost my login details, have also been using FB more than I like to admit ( starting to see too much repeat Q&A )
Am looking forward to the end of the year, hopefully it'll back to 'normal' by then ... :roll:
Cheers, Bantum ...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:52 pm

Well, here we are near the end of the year. Regional Vic was out of lockdown almost two months ago (how time flies!).

Before then my project work on the RS was going well. Once the announcement for easing of restrictions in regional Vic happened, I dropped the RS work and hit the camper trailer setup before going bush for 5 days in the middle of nowhere with the family. They loved it even though it was bloody cold - it snowed in parts of Vic at altitudes that it hasn’t snowed down to in many years! Then we came back home, unpacked, saw that the weather was going to actually be good in the second half of the holidays so we repacked and went again for another four days - the two trips to the same place were chalk and cheese! Weather makes a huge difference.

Before this Mrs El_Freddo’s Gma got the ‘Rona and ended up in hospital. Very lucky that she pulled through - at one point she gave up on life and stopped eating. Apparently this was very common amongst the elderly with the virus. Lots of confusion for Gma when she went to the hospital; without batteries for her hearing aids, no phone or personal effects and she couldn’t do her lip reading trick due to masks. Would not have been fun at all for her. But she’s pulled through and is now back in her aged care facility - one of the ones that experienced major issues from the virus getting into the facility...

Now with work relatively back to normal I haven’t found the motivation to get back into the hurdles I need to deal with on the RS. Recently I found the motivation to do some work on Ruby Scoo (ironically also R.S. as it turns out! Did I subliminal message myself all these years??), that’s hit a hurdle too but should see some progress once I sort some materials out - it’s exhaust work (holding off from a dad joke here. You’re welcome!)

It’s good to see no new cases or community transitions in Vic, I’m thinking we’ll have to close our borders to NSW. That would be classic if our CHO decides its the best action to prevent a reinfection in Vic (if we have managed to get rid of it - time will tell but it’s looking good so far touch wood).

While on the subject I admit that I am pro Dan with his calls and leadership throughout this year - except for the easing of restrictions 1.0. First time I have actually been proud of our Premier... 120 day consecutive days of updates on the covid stats and answering the media’s questions and this time holding firm on the plan with the lockdown. Yes, other shit was going down but the end goal was to reduce the spread of this virus - which is/was achieved recently due to the lockdown and efforts of *most* Melbournians. I also admit that I’m glad we’re not in the metro Melbourne area - it must be tough to live cooped up without a back yard and not be able to go to a park to chill out or exercise.

Now we’re experiencing a surge in housing prices in regional areas - I think Covid put some things into perspective for many ppl living in the metro area :( I for one don’t want a bunch of surburbanites moving into the county and trying to live like they do in Melbs - or create a bit of Melbs where it’s not welcome (because Melbourne can stay where it is!).

Well, there’s a decent 20c worth in there. I’m sure others from Melbourne that lived the harsh lockdown restrictions will have a different opinion - but I’m glad the restrictions are resulting in very low to no community transmissions, and hopefully it stays this way. Hopefully the whole nation can get there to avoid a repeat year of Covid19 through a resurgence.

Stay safe, be vigilant and get tested if you’re feeling even a little bit off ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Open Slather”