What else does everyone do?

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Battlewagon

Post by Battlewagon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:53 pm

I build, sail and battle 1:144 R/C scale warships.
Each warship is about 5-6ft long.
Actual, fully armed, ball bearing firing ships that shoot and sink each other.
My Subaru is used to transport them, all the support gear, myself and the missus to battles.

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Battlewagon wrote:I build, sail and battle 1:144 R/C scale warships.
Each warship is about 5-6ft long.
Actual, fully armed, ball bearing firing ships that shoot and sink each other.
My Subaru is used to transport them, all the support gear, myself and the missus to battles.
One of the guys I fly with does that too, goes to a big event in Canberra (?) once a year to battle it out with others from around the country ;)
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:43 pm

TOONGA wrote:I cook clean and change nappies ... occasionally I get permission to play with my Subarus :)

TOONGA
lol ;)

I used to be into exotic fish then reptiles (still have a few).

When i was young & silly i was full on into kayaking, esp white water kayaking (as extreme as i could get), rock-climbing, bushwalking & of course camping.

As with everyone else getting more involved with subie related activities (ie offroading lol :mrgreen:)
Now with my knee mending i want to start bushwalking & fishing again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:11 pm

I look up Subaru parts all day and if Im a good boy I'm allowed to work on mine :D

and apart from camping, fishing, driving, and travel I like to make furniture out of wood :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

coupe

Post by coupe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Im a chef in a metro hospital.
I restore fold up bikes and play with my subies.
Cheers Pete
Use The Fork Luke

Wagonman

Post by Wagonman » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Im a 4th Year Apprentice Mechanic at a Ford dealer.

Spend the day working on Fords and laughing at the some of stupid designs and ideas they have among the great ones and then come home and enjoy working on my 2 suby wagons.

As for other hobbies, i play soccer (indoor and field) on a social level. Camping, 4x4ing hiking, biking, fishing (although not for the fishing itself but the action of going fishing haha) and travelling by road or offroad anywhere but particularly south and east of perth.

I also like to make things but atm that is being combined with the suby hobby..

John.

LIFTED

Post by LIFTED » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:08 pm

If it's windy I'm off windsurfing, it was looking for a suitable car to get me of the beaten track for windsurfing waves that recently got me into subies.
I used to have a business shaping and making sailboards, but I lost the passion, board after board. So now I just do it as a hobby for a few friends in my spare time.
I also have a vinyl cutter for my board graphics which I use to make a few stickers and signs.(except with my update to win7 I've now got to fork out a lot of cash to update my sign software)
But my hobbies and spare time could all end shortly with with the upcoming birth of my daughter. :confused:

Kustomchris

Post by Kustomchris » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 pm

My other passion is bmx, old school and new school building, restoration and showing.
This is my passion and heres afew of my rides
Midschool dodsun bmx
Newschool S&M 38 special.
Currently in the works, 2004 AZUSA (only 25 built of these based on the original jmc bmx bikes)
And the pride and joy 1984 Profile Champ Pro

Wooster

Post by Wooster » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Work, work, work, if you call OHS management work, travel extensively with work, indeed off to Menindee NSW on Sunday for a week auditing & coaching. May get a chance to do a little fly fishing when I'm there, a fantastic art, which I believe I may come close to mastering in about 30 odd years.. Into Brittish classic motor bikes a 1969 T120R Bonneville which I've had for 20 years and an as found 1957 BSA Bantam Major. In my spare time Bonsai's of which I have around 60 so she says. Then work, work, work, beer, beer, beer, work, work work , beer and work, oooooh and playing with the Brumby!

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Heh... apart from family life here, in my time i would be outside doing stuff around the house maintaining, if its done and have my own time I would be off cycling either road or MTB in the bush or road cycling wherever I feel like - that is if my missus lets me go! ;)
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

84superoo

Post by 84superoo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Other than my Subaru my hobbies are downhill and cross country mountain biking at the moment I'm building up a full carbon GT dually so that takes most of my money I'm also in to off road rc cars I have a modified losi strike that does 60 kph and a 4wd nitro buggy that does 100kph and goes over anything, I do all this in between year 12 and working. I also travel a lot.

pitrack_1

Post by pitrack_1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:24 pm

My main hobby now is my young daughter :-) Oh, and finding nice coffee in nice cafes with her and Mum. Apart from that, household duties.

But I used to fly gliders, go camping, MTBing, rock climbing, running, gymming, dirt road country drives, etc. Used to be good at computers too. I even used to play golf! But that was single life...I'll do some/all of 'em again one day...:wink:

In the meantime I've half a mind to take up R/C helicopters, having been given a 'toy' one for Christmas- I've worn out the little LiPo battery already. Oh, and I hang about the internet and various forums...and procrastinate a lot!
Patrick
Ex- 2010 Forester Diesel

Post by 60766244 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:34 pm

I've had an interest in Knives and Guns for a long time, mostly knives.

I have a developing interest in making my own blades/importing-reselling/dealing.

Currently working on getting enough tools to do woodwork and custom knife and sheath making.
I also have 150 acres of raw bush I am working on turning into a liveable patch of land. :rolleyes:

Other than that, the Gf dominates all the time the Brumby doesn't...
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:57 am

Can't tell you what I really do, but in my spare time I work on restoration projects ( cars & planes ), do a bit of model making ( of all sorts ), fiddle with computers, do sketches & drawings, + try to watch good movies when I can, all while living on fu#k all ... :)

T.Farm.Brumby

Post by T.Farm.Brumby » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Generally just work and the GF. Live on 42 acres so there's always something to do with that, also I play guitar, drums and bass.
Most of my money and time still goes into Emma though :D
All The Rigs:

'86 RX Turbo "Thor"
'89 Brumby "Emma"
'89 Brumby "Brumbylicious"
'03 Outback "Uma"
'05 Forester
'14 Forester Luxury (My goodness is it schmick!)

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:23 pm

So a couple of you have big blocks of land to tinker with? I'm a little jealous...that's the kind of thing I want to do when I'm older, sort of on a road to almost self sufficiency...not a hippie I swear! :p

Another hobby sort of thing to add to my list; I'm starting Organ lessons next week. Might sound a bit weird to some but I've played the piano almost every day since I was 11, Pipe organ has always been an ultimate goal of mine now with my own money I can do it :)
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Post by 60766244 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Silverbullet wrote:that's the kind of thing I want to do when I'm older, sort of on a road to almost self sufficiency...not a hippie I swear!
I'm aiming for exactly that. Might be 5 years away... But it's getting there.
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Apart from being a Safety Coordinator during the day, sometimes bringing work home and being contactable 24/7, I am ferrying around the family consisting of 2 x 10 year olds and 2 x 7 year olds + the minister for fun and finance.
When I am not doing this I used to collect ride on mowers with my favourite being a mid 70's Rover Rancher fitted with the later model 5 speed gear box. I plan to keep this mower plus an early 80's Greenfield 8 which I have fitted with a front dozer blade and sell the Yardman and the Victa machines. Lastly, I attempt to maintain the house and yard, pick up dog and cat crap, and oh yes, work on the L series and/or the MY wagons in my spare 10 minutes I get each week.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:34 am

When I'm not working as a structural designer, these two take up most of my spare time.

My daughter Sophia who is 15months old and my boy Roy who is a thorough **** English staffy at 10months old. As you can imagine they're a handful and get up to all sorts of mischief together.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR HD
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Return to “Open Slather”