Brumby front cut export

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
maxxair

Post by maxxair » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 am

worlds worst pests!!!

bought to Aust. in 1953 (ithink) to eat sugar cane beetles. problem being beetles live in the top of the 6ft cane (worlds tallest grass btw) so the toads said "stuffit, there heaps else to eat, oohh, native wildlife, yum. eats a cute little frog or lizard or snake ect" and "wow what a nice climate, I reckon we could breed real well here" and they did. and from that original box full, now like 4 or 5 states are infestated and its a true ecological disaster with no known cure (bar golfclubs/freezers ect) one at a time. also has poison that it likes to squirt from its shoulders. and kills anything that eats it. dogs like to chew em too. just what u want.

see here>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zTOpdgbarU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DnQv__G ... re=related

off topic soz
;)
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:47 pm

You're gonna give this guy nightmares??
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coxy

Post by coxy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Hey great thread guys and awesome Brumby you have there especially with a trials bike in the back.
Guys one cane toad is enough just make sure no Taipan's slip into the Front cut.
We all know how the Kiwi's freak about our snakes and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate them over in the U.K. either.
Seriously though Just be aware and check all the details at the other end so you do not get stung by the transport industry,I had a friend get burnt when he imported twenty Mustangs from the states years ago,the bastards did not tell him when he hired a trucking company to transport from the wharf to customs yard that unless he paid a dehiring fee it would sit there like a cab with the meter ticking over,cost him $3500.00 extra bloody thieving mongrels.

1111giles

Nasty Toad Alert !

Post by 1111giles » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:46 am

maxxair wrote:worlds worst pests!!!

bought to Aust. in 1953 (ithink) to eat sugar cane beetles. problem being beetles live in the top of the 6ft cane (worlds tallest grass btw) so the toads said "stuffit, there heaps else to eat, oohh, native wildlife, yum. eats a cute little frog or lizard or snake ect" and "wow what a nice climate, I reckon we could breed real well here" and they did. and from that original box full, now like 4 or 5 states are infestated and its a true ecological disaster with no known cure (bar golfclubs/freezers ect) one at a time. also has poison that it likes to squirt from its shoulders. and kills anything that eats it. dogs like to chew em too. just what u want.

see here>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zTOpdgbarU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DnQv__G ... re=related

off topic soz
;)
Cracking comic clip, that will be all round the office come monday morning!

We'd best check the the truck when we pick it up then, I dont fancy any of these little buggers getting in the Koi Carp pond !
What you need in Aus then is a boat load of Staffordshire Bull Terriers, they have become the latest must have for the typical hard case's over here. I'm sure they would scare the pants out of the Toads!
Years ago I worked in a mill (for a thankfully short time) we used to get scrim imported from India, one day a bale was opened and out crawled the mother of all insects with all singing and dancing mandables and loads of legs. Someone splatted it - the stain was there for ages! YUGGHH!
Cheers
Giles

1111giles

Thanks for the tip.

Post by 1111giles » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:05 am

coxy wrote:Hey great thread guys and awesome Brumby you have there especially with a trials bike in the back.
Guys one cane toad is enough just make sure no Taipan's slip into the Front cut.
We all know how the Kiwi's freak about our snakes and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate them over in the U.K. either.
Seriously though Just be aware and check all the details at the other end so you do not get stung by the transport industry,I had a friend get burnt when he imported twenty Mustangs from the states years ago,the bastards did not tell him when he hired a trucking company to transport from the wharf to customs yard that unless he paid a dehiring fee it would sit there like a cab with the meter ticking over,cost him $3500.00 extra bloody thieving mongrels.
I agree, money for old rope eh? I am actually checking this very point with pack and send - so I will know exactly the cost delivered to the point of my collection in the UK.
The way its looking is that the consingnment will be forwarded from the port to an inland freight handler - possibly in Bradford or Leeds (which makes it easy for me as its only 10-15 miles away) Pack and send will price to that point.
The robbing barstools here are the Customs and Excise.
I have bought a Weber Carby conversion from Recarb in Aus. The Uk Customs made me pay VAT before I could collect it.
They make the rules so we cant win!

Do you ride trials ? My current bike is a 2006 Beta Rev3 200cc (two stroke) - I intend swapping it shortly for a 2009/2010 Beta Evo 4T 250cc (four stroke).
A mate has an Evo and I can ride it really well so I can see my results improving if I can get one.

The Subaru is the perfect truck for a Trials Bike - at the event where I pictured the bike in the back a Guy thought the truck was new! Go back a few years and there were a quite a few Brumby's turning up at trials but not at all now.
Mine always attracts admirers and lots of questions. They are so rare here now.
Cheers
Giles.

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Update!!!! This Brumby front cut is just about ready to leave this fair shore and head for the UK. All is about ready. There has been a delay whilst a special pallet has been made, painted etc for the unit to sit on. There have had to be some consideration re the wood in the pallet having to be treated and painted before it heads for England. Spoke to Pack and Send in Toowoomba and they are about to wrap it all up. It will be set up so that it can be accessed by the front only by forklift. The front radiator section I am informed will be covered in protective material and in Brisbane it will be loaded into a container and remain inside that until it reaches the UK. By arrangement with Giles in the UK, who has purchased the front cut, there are some things placed inside including some new floor mats and an oil pump gasket kit. I drove past the yard today and the unit has been moved to begin wrapping and the pallet is leaning against it. More news as soon as I know that it has left. Will get pictures hopefully of the wrapped finished product.
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.

subybrumby

Going Going ....

Post by subybrumby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Well there it is...all wrapped and heading for England.

Went past today Giles and saw it all wrapped up. Spoke to Pats wife and I'd say its leaving tomorrow. You won't believe but she also told me that they had just bought three more brumbies for wrecking I presume. So anyone else out there who is after brumby parts, ring "Full Boar" in Toowoomba.
[ATTACH]1979[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]1980[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]1981[/ATTACH]

Giles might continue this thread from England when the gear arrives and we see the continued upgrade of his Brumby project.

1111giles

Here it comes!

Post by 1111giles » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:25 am

Firstly BIG THANKS to Trevor - without your help this would not have happened.
A true Gent and a friend.

Hope none of those Cane Toads are lurking in there though!

Actually Guys lurking under that black shrink wrap is 'The NEW BRUMBY'. What we haven't told you is we have been developing the new replacement brumby in AUS. in secret - and now its all done and dusted its coming to the UK. -for Cold weather testing.
Sorry can't show you the pictures but I can tell you it is a bit shorter than the original !!!!!!

Hey - Seriously I am looking forward to its arrival here. I had a meet with the garage where we will be doing the swap over and its all primed up and waiting to happen.
The shipment will land in the UK at Felixstowe (due to costs) its a 4-5 hour drive away down south but it makes economical sense to do this.
I have delayed fitting a curtain side truck back to my Mercedes waggon -
until the Brumby arrives to ensure we can fit it on the existing flat back.
Also the Merc is currently having a recon engine fitted right now (££$$OUCH!)
So the run down South will act as a good bedding in for it!
I will continue this story once the Brumby arrives and will compliment with images.
Just one point though when it gets here it will become an MV1800 !!
(or in this case - half an MV!)
Brumby sounds better though (wild horse isnt it?).
Cheers
Giles.

1111giles

Shipping now underway

Post by 1111giles » Thu May 13, 2010 12:37 am

Hi - Just received the bill of lading (proof of loading and shipping) from pack and send.
The Brumby front cut was loaded onto the THANA BHUM (!!!) on 04/05/10 at Brisbane port - and is now on route to Singapore where it will be then loaded onto a ship (as yet un-known) which is then coming to the UK.
Felixstowe is the UK port of arrival. Current ETA is 6-8 weeks.
I will be picking up the Brumby on my own Merc. waggon from the freight agent in Ipswich which is close by Felixstowe and which is a good 4 hour drive for me!
(Apparently you are not allowed into the port area for security and safety reasons-bah!)
Once we have got it back in Halifax and after the bottle of champange has been cracked over it (well actually beer) during the renaming ceremony to MV from Brumby we will be having a close look at the engine - as my current engine has decided to start to chain smoke on the over run. So much so I am reluctant to use it.
I am looking at a full rebuild using the best from both engines using as much new stuff as I can (pistons, shells etc)
Just for the record the current smokey engine had stood for at least 4 years in its original car (which had rusted away around it) and we suspect that one of the cylinders has damage as it is down on pressure (the heads are fine).

Hey ho.....great fun! Its a pity as I have lots of work for the Scooby right now and am reluctant to use it (plus the rozzers here are very keen on smokey cars- they can take them off you and crush them!!!!)......... No 'kin chance!

Will post further updates as I get more info....
Cheers to all you guys!
Giles.

1111giles

Shipping & Brumby update.

Post by 1111giles » Sat May 22, 2010 8:59 am

Hi All,
Just had an email from my (now) very good friends at Pack and Send in Toowoomba.
The half cut Brumby (sounds like it's Pi55£D!) has now been transferred to the XUTRA BHUM at Singapore 18/5/10 and is now heading towards Blighty and the port of Felixstowe. No ETA as yet but will post up as soon as I know its arrival date.
On Monday of this week I bought another MV / Brumby a 1991 in rio red (same colour as my other truck). I couldn't help myself! Paid £300

Its in need of front end work and I am hoping that the relativley rust free front end from the cut can be grafted on to it plus a driver side wing (fender). It needs some repairs to the sill rear ends and rear inner arches, and then its done. It will never be a mint truck but will be a very 'honest' truck by UK standards.
The interior is as new but filthy.(so there will be some swapping over of best parts to my special truck)
The car has been used on a country estate near to Skipton in North Yorkshire as a game keepers car and has not been on the public road for over 7 years! It runs sweet as a nut.
Brought it home on the back of the Merc - we have a couple of long ramps which we can drive the cars up this is done totally 'blind' and the driver is reliant on accurate driving directions from able helpers!

We will either keep it as a runabout (for my dad) or we will sell it once finished.
Oh - we will need some bumperettes or possibly will make somthing that works there!
It took 2 hours to get cleanish and we found the remains of several animals (bones) under the bonnet (Hood) where we think a weasel or stoat may have taken its prey to eat!
Anyway all cleaned off now - the car has at sometime being rust proofed under the hood so doesnt shine but is solid.
Will take some images and post up shortly.
Cheers
Giles

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Sat May 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Good to hear Giles...Sounds like everything is finally coming together

1111giles

Revised Shipping Info.

Post by 1111giles » Sat May 29, 2010 8:33 am

Hi Folks!
Just thought that I would give the thread a further update as to the situ regarding the shipping to the UK.
What's actually happened is that the brumby cut was delayed in the port at Brisbane and loaded onto a later Ship (the Xutra Bhum) I had understood that the shipment had reached Singapore and was loaded to the Xutra Bhum there.
So what we know so far is that the XB has left Brisbane called at Botany and then Melborne and is now on its way to Jakarta.
How do I know?
click or cut paste on this link and then select map and you can track the ship's progress.
it updates every 24 / 36 hours or so.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipde ... =567318000

The only issue I have is that as yet I have not got a definitive arrival date into the UK. Looking at the eta to Jakarta and then adding on the time to the UK from there, it could very well arrive here at the end of July.......just when I go on holiday to Greece! Bah!
I hope it arrives here before then so that I can grab it as soon as it arrives here and so some work can be done in my absence on the swap over.
Will have to keep monitoring the situ.
Fingers crossed!
Cheers
Giles.

1111giles

Please let me introduce....Scruffy Do.

Post by 1111giles » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:37 am

Hi All,
Because I am a sucker for Mv's (Brumbys) I spotted 'Scruffy Do' - as my daughter has named it - here on ebay about 3 weeks ago.
I got intouch with the seller (who kinda knew a friend of mine ) and that connection convinced him to do a deal with me.
I shot up to Skipton - near to Bolton Abbey (if anyone knows the area) and had a look agreed the deal and me and my dad went back the next day to collect the newest member of my current collection of Mv's (now nearly 2.5 of them) Scruffy being the 6th complete MV I have owned!

The interesting thing about this truck is that its not been on the road since 2003 and before then had limited use only.
Since 2003 it seems it was used on a country estate by the gamekeeper.(so its not really seen road salt)
I am sure that the mileage is about 23,000. (50,000kms aprox) cant be certian as I suspect a fault with the mileometer.
It all adds up to a low miler though - as the interior isnt worn no holes in floor matting, the pedal rubbers are not worn AND the gearbox is nice and taut in fact its so good its going in my specimen truck. The engine cracks up 1st time and sounds sweet as a nut.
The doors shut as new with a great sounding thud (no rust on em either) and its had a brand new tailgate on it at sometime! Plus its got all the trims in place. (worth more than I paid for it in itself).

We are considering swapping the short motor from this truck into my Restored truck ( as the engine in it has developed a serious smoking problem identified as a major pressure down in one of the cylinders). Bore or rings issue and it is using as much oil as the BP oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico!
We would swap across all the new goodies on the tired engine to the replacement currently in Scruffy, then add the aircon goodie bits when they turn up. da! da!

What then to do with Scruffy?
The plan is then to transplant the Cut Brumby engine (we know its a runner but are advised it uses a little oil) into Scruffy.
We then make Scruffy good again for the road - it needs a drivers fender and I managed to pick one up for £35.00 ! brand new this week. Also bought a truckman top for £20.00 'kin steal hehe. Sort out some small areas of body work, Give him a lick of paint, fit some spare tyres I have on fresh painted rims, give him 12months MOT (rego?)
Then maybe run it about for a short while and then sell him on, or just keep it!

What I do know is that my brief thought of WRX ing Scruffy would be mind blowingly 'insurance wise' expensive here and I mean 'kin expensive - so for a fun thing only doing maybe 500 - 1000 miles per year - I afraid its a no no. Bah!

With a bit of work (and me gaining some excellent swap across parts for my other truck) Scruffy will make a smart little truck for someone so £300 which is what it cost me is looking good so far......oh there was also £20 worth of gas in it which is now in the mower.
Cheers
Giles
Attachments
Scruffy do 009.jpg
Scruffy do 009.jpg (111.15 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Scruffy do 006.jpg
Scruffy do 006.jpg (113.35 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
Scruffy do 004.jpg
Scruffy do 004.jpg (113.97 KiB) Viewed 2481 times
Scruffy do 005.jpg
Scruffy do 005.jpg (107.5 KiB) Viewed 2489 times

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:42 am

another red one :)

Could you please add a zero to what you paid for it and what you reckon it is worth - you risk devaluing others

And, can we get a closer shot of the dealer sticker on the rear window please

Jealous Jonno

T'subaru

Post by T'subaru » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Nice find !
'86 GL, '89 RX, '89 XT6, '90 T'sunami Wagon

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:41 am

scruffy do looks like a reasonable example of whats available here In OZland for around the 2000 dollar mark

I suppose compared to your other red brumby (MV) it is a little scruffy well done once again

I know that the milometer as you called it will jam if full of red dust or something similar, mine was stuck one 189999 KMs until I swapped the who unit for one that wasn'T full of red dust

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Is that little red light in the back bumper area factory ?

Dean.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

1111giles

Just for you Jonno......

Post by 1111giles » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:36 am

steptoe wrote:another red one :)

Could you please add a zero to what you paid for it and what you reckon it is worth - you risk devaluing others

And, can we get a closer shot of the dealer sticker on the rear window please

Jealous Jonno
Yes another red one.....red was the most common colour here this is my 4th red truck out of 6 (and a half !).

I am quite happy to add a zero (or even a couple) to the price mate......
scruffy's all yours for £3000! Come an get him! lol.

And - if you really want to see it - here is a shot of the dealer sticker !!??
It's the original one as the telephone codes have altered (about 10 odd years ago) The dealer / garage is no longer listed on Subaru UK dealer listing.

Cheers
Giles
Attachments
Scruffy do 2 009.jpg
Scruffy do 2 009.jpg (99.42 KiB) Viewed 2455 times

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:47 am

TOONGA wrote:scruffy do looks like a reasonable example of whats available here In OZland for around the 2000 dollar mark

I suppose compared to your other red brumby (MV) it is a little scruffy well done once again

I know that the milometer as you called it will jam if full of red dust or something similar, mine was stuck one 189999 KMs until I swapped the who unit for one that wasn'T full of red dust

TOONGA
WOW - so based on current exchange rates Scruffy equates to approx £1,100
We would hope to get £1.400 to £1,500 for him when tested and smartened up. (unless Jonno gets his hand in his pocket sharpish - and isnt reading this!!).

No red dust in there but we did find the remains of some long gone small animals under the hood ! maybe some spiders have stopped the clock in there hehe!
Cheers - Giles

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 am

dfoyl wrote:Is that little red light in the back bumper area factory ?

Dean.
Hi Dean,
Yes it is Factory - its a fog lamp and they are a necessity on all UK cars. On my restored truck I have fitted a matching foggy into the panel above the exhaust. Looks a lot better fitted with 2 I think.
The switch to turn it on (only when lights are on) is in the small panel thats just to the right of the ignition.
I will take a snap of it and post it up (be about a week or so as am working away all next week)
A mate of my dad imported an Aussie UTE (Ford I think) massive engine in it.
Anyway he had to fix up a fog light on it before he could test it here to get it on the road.
99% of cars here now have the fogs built into the rear lamp clusters. But they have to be a minimum of 100mm away from the stop/tail lamps.

Cheers
Giles.

Return to “Open Slather”