Hardcore postie

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
rob83ke70

Post by rob83ke70 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:40 pm

if it backfires on high revs decelleration, the mix is probably rich on account of the main jet being worn. the fix for this is clipping the needle further down in the slide (20 second job) and when it is at the bottom and the problem continues, replace the main needle/jet assembly and start again. I did 17000km on a postie and I miss the bike now that I've sold it. I'm building another one for a mate at the moment as well...

I'm really interested in a manual clutch conversion, I think you need a side cover and maybe clutch basket out of a sl90 or cl90 or something like that, its a bit hard to chase specifics. Aside from that I'm going to put a neat straight through exhaust on, and take the restrictions out of the intake, mod the carby to suit, and put a different cam in and mill the head/deck the block for more compression. I think the standard suspension etc is ok for running around town, just looking for a motor with a bit more get up and go in it, but still reliable and easy to start.

Robert.

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:53 pm

I've got a secret engine in the works,still a honda not a china.If it works out it'll go a bit harder but should still be reliable.Don't want to let too much out yet as its part of a sponsorship deal and hasn't been finalised.If it works out it'll be available as a kit from the supplier.
if it backfires on high revs decelleration, the mix is probably rich on account of the main jet being worn. the fix for this is clipping the needle further down in the slide (20 second job) and when it is at the bottom and the problem continues, replace the main needle/jet assembly and start again

The carbies do need to be pretty spot can cause a few different probs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:53 pm

A bit of a update.
The ride is now going to lake Ayre instead birdsville,pretty exciting stuff espically after seeing it on telly the other night.Some of the riders are going to modify there bikes so they can ride on water

Got a lot of the bits n pieces for the engine.It was a bit of a mess but is rebuildable.

The buggered internals,one siezed crank.

The rebuilt crank

Ready to be assembled

Later Will
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:09 pm

You only need something to keep the bike afloat now;)

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

Return to “Open Slather”