Big boys bagging Subies

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:06 pm

rubisubi wrote:Isnt that toms newish ride?
Yes Paul he wasn't to happy when i told him about it:(

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Well I just came from the Ag show in Toowoomba where its raining (Bought a UHF radio Yarney) and couldn't find a park. I'm in my stocko work brumby and a guy said, if you pull me out, you can have my park space. He had like a holden commodore wagon and was just slippin on the wet black soil. Pulled him out no worries and got my park. Stepped out of the brumby and did some chest thumpin but no one seen it.

But look, I agree with whats been previously said. I'm happy with my two subies and I don't really give a Sh!!!!t what anyone else thinks. I'm, getting to old to worry about what the guy up the road thinks or whether my car is better than this or that. I love what I am doing at the moment and happy with myself and tinkering with my two brumbies. The missus and I went for a run last weekend with the subie club and we'll do more. She was happy and loved the day, and I too was happy and also enjoyed the trip.

As far as tough 4x4's go, I'll tell you fellas something for nothing. In the 70's I did a stint in the Police Stock Squad in Longreach and went all over outback Qld towing horse floats with landcruisers etc. In 1981 to 83 I was the sole Policeman in Windorah and did a lot of travelling down through Birdsville and down the track out into the desert with the Senior Constable from there. I've been bogged with the best of them and seen a lot of funny things. I've seen the wankers, the try hards, the dreamers the tuggers. In Longreach I saw a bunch of wankers film their mighty crossing of the Thomson river with girls in bikinis on the bonnet, tarps over the radiator and fan belts removed. Then a local drove around them in an old holden ute.

In the end, we don't have to prove ourselves to anyone. If you love your subaru and you're happy doing what you're doing, then who gives a stuff.

My 10cents...and thanks...I'm here every Thursday,,try the veal.

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:32 pm

lol.. Idiots.. Not first time it happened.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:40 pm

subybrumby wrote:
But look, I agree with whats been previously said. I'm happy with my two subies and I don't really give a Sh!!!!t what anyone else thinks. I'm, getting to old to worry about what the guy up the road thinks or whether my car is better than this or that. I love what I am doing at the moment and happy with myself and tinkering with my two brumbies. The missus and I went for a run last weekend with the subie club and we'll do more. She was happy and loved the day, and I too was happy and also enjoyed the trip.

As far as tough 4x4's go, I'll tell you fellas something for nothing. In the 70's I did a stint in the Police Stock Squad in Longreach and went all over outback Qld towing horse floats with landcruisers etc. In 1981 to 83 I was the sole Policeman in Windorah and did a lot of travelling down through Birdsville and down the track out into the desert with the Senior Constable from there. I've been bogged with the best of them and seen a lot of funny things. I've seen the wankers, the try hards, the dreamers the tuggers. In Longreach I saw a bunch of wankers film their mighty crossing of the Thomson river with girls in bikinis on the bonnet, tarps over the radiator and fan belts removed. Then a local drove around them in an old holden ute.

In the end, we don't have to prove ourselves to anyone. If you love your subaru and you're happy doing what you're doing, then who gives a stuff.
Perfectly said Subybrumby absolutely
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:44 pm

Especially the second last line.
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

BRUMBI

Post by BRUMBI » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:37 pm

go to page two i was sticking it to them ages ago
84 MY Sportswagon
92 Brumby
87 Rx Turbo

heath

Post by heath » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:47 pm

ill take my suby wherever they can get there over priced over sized tractors. ive proved it before and ill do it again. and with more style now that i have the ej.......................

and on the ground clearence thing my bro in law has 35s on his 80 series cruiser and mine still has more clearence.

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:02 pm

couldnt help myself had to sign up and have a dig, btw is that site slow or is it just me??
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:couldnt help myself had to sign up and have a dig, btw is that site slow or is it just me??
It's slow Bryan

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

batesy

Post by batesy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:35 pm

sorry heath, but i find it hard to believe your subi has the same ground clearance as a 80 with 35s?unless he has majorly cut gaurds just to fit 35s??? i hnow have an L series, and while its fun, it would not take me where my old lux witha v8 and 35s would go... not that i care anymore, its about wat you wanna do with your vehicle, not wat some yobbo with big tyres is doin down the street.....
cheers

Cam

Post by Cam » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:05 pm

batesy wrote:sorry heath, but i find it hard to believe your subi has the same ground clearance as a 80 with 35s?unless he has majorly cut gaurds just to fit 35s???
cheers

Independent suspension... can lift a live axled 4wd as much as you want with the same size tyres and you wont have anymore clearance under the diffs...

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:29 am

But you will get better approach, departure and ramp over angles.
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

batesy

Post by batesy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:44 am

Cam wrote:Independent suspension... can lift a live axled 4wd as much as you want with the same size tyres and you wont have anymore clearance under the diffs...
by lifting a live axle 4wd you incrrease ability to have laerger tyres... larger tyres equals more diff clearnance.. a 80 with 35" tyres will have alot more clearance and bettter aproach and departure angles than a subi on 27s...

im not bagging subis, they are great little cars and mine does wat i need it to, but if you wanna go to places like mt dissapointment in melbourne then you aint gonna go far in a subi lifted or not... most trenches up there are dug by atleast 33" tyres, i would expect just about everyone subi on here would not get through 33" ruts, with the exception of a few highly modded subis...

just my 2c

username

Post by username » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:08 am

"bainsybainsy" seems to love his flex.
Too much dizee rascall or he likes gyms.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:09 am

most trenches up there are dug by atleast 33" tyres, i would expect just about everyone subi on here would not get through 33" ruts, with the exception of a few highly modded subis...
One of the pet whinges from the big boys was the Subies tearing the tracks up. Kind of goes to show that it ain't no Subaru tearing those tracks up then hey?

batesy

Post by batesy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:31 pm

teah id find it hard to see the subis digging up tracks? some of these blokes run v8s with 37s.... cant tell me they dont dump the clutch when they feel like it?

heath

Post by heath » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:26 pm

batesy wrote:by lifting a live axle 4wd you incrrease ability to have laerger tyres... larger tyres equals more diff clearnance.. a 80 with 35" tyres will have alot more clearance and bettter aproach and departure angles than a subi on 27s...

im not bagging subis, they are great little cars and mine does wat i need it to, but if you wanna go to places like mt dissapointment in melbourne then you aint gonna go far in a subi lifted or not... most trenches up there are dug by atleast 33" tyres, i would expect just about everyone subi on here would not get through 33" ruts, with the exception of a few highly modded subis...

just my 2c
its not just the ground clearence but the wheel base to my car isnt as wide as a cruiser or lux so most the time can sit on top of the ruts.

is mount dissapointment in vic if it is when i put my new box in ill come there and show you that a suby can do it.....
some of the vic boys have seen my toy in action already and where impressed. and now i got the new engine its even better.

Return to “Open Slather”