some photo's from today of the lib

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
vidler
General Member

some photo's from today of the lib

Post by vidler » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:14 pm

here's some photo's, went to pick up the roof cage off chris today. swapped out the rear shaft this morning coz the drivers side was slightly bent and caused some major vibrations when accelerating, and there was some clicking coming from the back end when cornering, so i bought a couple of 2nd hand shafts from the wreckers, whacked some new boots on to be sure and smacked em in there. took her for a spin round the block to see if it had solved the problem. all good but heard a big clink and something hit the car then bounced off. wasnt sure if i'd just run over something coz it was still driving fine. got home, got my shit to go to chris's for the roof cage, jumped on the freeway, got up to speed and then shit went bang, here's a couple of photo's

so this is just after the scarborough beach rd over pass, pulled over on the freeway just after the bridge, inspected the damage and drove down the embankment seen behind, ended up on the bus and taxi on ramp then drove over to the toyota car park

upon closer inspection discovered the shaft i'd put in had sheared and the 32mm nut had flown off, which must have been the sound i heard when taking it for a test drive

called dave the man and he zoomed over to give me a hand, thankfully there was a repco down the road, bought a couple of rear wheel bearing kits, one for a quick fix and another to do it properly tomorrow. took the rotor off and went for an drive to dave's house where we grinded the old bearing off the hub, smashed on the new outer bearing, picked up the old shaft from mine, went back and put it all back together enough to get me home. inner bearing was still shagged and didint bother putting the seals on.

was only a 5 min drive thankfully so a couple of hours screwing around around and some $$$ for the bearing and she's home.

gonna go take a trip to the wreckers tomorrow with evidence in hand, at least gonna try get a new shaft off em, i'll be pushing for the cost of the bearings too

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:16 pm

the only thing holding the wheel on the car was the caliper, have to say it was quite fun all this happening at 100kmph on the freeway, car was drifting all over the place:)

and thankfully it did it here and now, not when we were out 4wd

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:23 pm

wow, thats unlucky vidler, good to see trusty old subarino was there to help ya out. Hopefully it'll all be sorted out properly for you.

We have to go 4wding, time to organise a trip i think!

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:18 pm

luck one there, could have been heaps worse!!
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

SubaRute

Post by SubaRute » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:19 pm

good to see you chose a great parking spot to do what you had to do lol

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:23 pm

lol. i didnt really want to drive it to find a legitimate one:) that plus i drove it it the wrong way down a freeway on ramp:) haha

yeah its bloody lucky it didnt happen out bush

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:55 pm

it just more bad luck for ya mate. i feel for ya. hopefully she'll be 100% soon.

btw hows she running with the dynotune and tune up?

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Yeah he was very lucky not to loose the entire wheel. It's an excuse to overhaul the rear hubs and get that hand break working.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Subafury wrote:it just more bad luck for ya mate. i feel for ya. hopefully she'll be 100% soon.

btw hows she running with the dynotune and tune up?
yeah running good, hasn't missed a beat since. haven't had the chance to see what the fuel consumption is like yet, was planning to use it to go down south next time im back but i think i'll stay local in it for a while in case anything else goes bang.

yeah gonna do a decent overhaul, hand brake dont do shit at the moment. drove with it on the other day coz i forgot about it and it doesn't make any difference whatsoever

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:24 pm

god dam, lucky u wernt hurt! thats a nice brakage there!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

Return to “My Subi”