Rusty the Brumby

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
ChPLAT

Rusty the Brumby

Post by ChPLAT » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:39 am

Well I though it's about time I showed off me Brumby to you all. I've had Rusty for just over 4 months I think. Me grandad found him in a car lot in Charleville. Had only 115000 k's on the clock and had been sitting there for about 4yrs so me grandad offered the owner $1800 and got it. Steal I reckon.

All we had to fix was a a few gaskets and get a massive ding out of the sump. Other than that he's preddy shmick. Came with the bull bar and foggies but i still have a ways to go to get it how I want. Tray needs a good coat of paint too. But I have the tonneau to cover it for now. Also got a decent sound system in there, 2007 Clarion Head unit, 2 4" Cadence speakers in doors and two Clarion 6x9's behind the seats in boxes. Goes preddy good I must say.

Planned mods include an Ej conversion, 2" lift, bigger wheels, 5 speed box in the future, and I'm now thinking a tray cover like Vidlers one on his brumby he is selling sept just straight aluminium. Got uncles working at Triple M so might be able to score some cheap materials. Anyways I'll keep you guys updated as soon as i get stuff done.
Past rides-
1989 Brumby

Current ride-
MY06 Liberty 2.5i Sedan

Reg Brumbys

Post by Reg Brumbys » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:20 pm

Looks Nice Man - good to see another Brissy Brumby - If your keen to go for a scoot - Out though Mt Glorious to the dams is a nice run - give us a yell. 2 brumbies are better than 1

$1800 - steal.

"The Express"
Subaru Brumby 1990
2" B-Y-B LIFT (New)
Power Steering
14" Wheels with Maxxis Bravo MT-753's
Spotties
L-Series Interior Light
Roll Bar (to be added)

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:59 pm

Yeah that certainly is a good one,the suby club could do with a few more good ones like that too.Why don't you come on a trip sometime with us.:D

ChPLAT

Post by ChPLAT » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:25 pm

Yeah I definately will at some stage. Hopefully I'll have him cleaned up by then though but I'm going into uni holidays soon so I'm going to get some work done.
Past rides-
1989 Brumby

Current ride-
MY06 Liberty 2.5i Sedan

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:56 pm

Awesome Find... Good old Charleville!!!
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

ChPLAT

Post by ChPLAT » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:02 am

Well it's a sad day for me guys. The Brumby is off to his new owner this arvo. Luckily he seems like a good old bloke so it will get looked after but still I learnt most of what I know about cars from working on it and from reading all your posts.

I'll still be floating around in the background here seeing what you are all upto and I'm still driving a Subie. Picked up my '05 MY06 2.5i Liberty about a week ago. Don't think it will see any dirt tracks but its a great car.
Past rides-
1989 Brumby

Current ride-
MY06 Liberty 2.5i Sedan

Return to “My Subi”