My GT2 wagon

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Thu May 03, 2012 7:40 pm

for the record this is what replaced it:

Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline
1990 R32 Nissan Skyline GTS4

2006 Holden Combo - work van :)

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote:did you get the black book with it?

that book pretty much has what was done to it and how it was set up.
a scan tool will access 99% of it the ABS system is on a separate black plug. the red triangle is the ABS light. from memory the LHF sensor was acting weird.

where did the car end up btw?
Sure did. I work at Manheim car auctions.... Basically my job is to road test the vehicles that come on site and do mechanical condition reports. I haven't really worked with Subarus before, but i have a big passion for imported cars (this makes #3 in my garage :/). I got in the car, started it up, got out on the road and nearly shat myself.

I bought it that afternoon. Haha.

Oh right! I appreciate the information. I didn't realise what the light was, but found it odd that the whole ABS module and lines had been bothered to be swapped in (but wasn't working). Also noticed the A/C has no gas, you reckon it will work if i get it gassed?

Big post, but there was a couple of vin plates from a starlet in the glovebox.. Did you need them? lol.

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Damn, good choice - worthy replacement.
guyph_01 wrote:yep cool car. The main thing i love about it is the auto climate control:)

Hope you start your own thread and put up some pics:)
I was thinking about it, but it's not really my build. I may just post up some pics after i tidy it up :)

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Thu May 03, 2012 8:30 pm

mr_sp33 wrote:Sure did. I work at Manheim car auctions.... Basically my job is to road test the vehicles that come on site and do mechanical condition reports. I haven't really worked with Subarus before, but i have a big passion for imported cars (this makes #3 in my garage :/). I got in the car, started it up, got out on the road and nearly shat myself.
yep its NOT slow. part of the reason it has the brakes to match. 100-200 is about a 3-4 second delay if you stand on it long enough. it lived on a diet of E85 and 98. plenty of new stuff on it. perfourmance in underwood know the car.

I bought it that afternoon. Haha.

send me a message with the purchase price :) (I know what I sold it for.)

Oh right! I appreciate the information. I didn't realise what the light was, but found it odd that the whole ABS module and lines had been bothered to be swapped in (but wasn't working).
ABS works - stand on it hard enough and you will feel it come in. the car has been around lakeside a few times and it got used there pulling up from 175 on the main straight.
Also noticed the A/C has no gas, you reckon it will work if i get it gassed?
if you can get the condensor back in the front of it - yes it will . I ran out of space when the fans went in. I have the condensor here if you want it.
Big post, but there was a couple of vin plates from a starlet in the glovebox.. Did you need them? lol.
nah turf them. I had a imported Glanza V at the time and I was going to get creative.. sold it and didn't need to.

I have two Skylines and have been working on pretty much every version for the last 12 years (inc R35.) so that replacement I know quite well. enjoy the car. if you have questions about it shoot me a message on here. I have a spare alternator and a set of spare turbos for it as well.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote:yep its NOT slow. part of the reason it has the brakes to match. 100-200 is about a 3-4 second delay if you stand on it long enough. it lived on a diet of E85 and 98. plenty of new stuff on it. perfourmance in underwood know the car.

send me a message with the purchase price :) (I know what I sold it for.)

PM'd :)
ABS works - stand on it hard enough and you will feel it come in. the car has been around lakeside a few times and it got used there pulling up from 175 on the main straight.
Hmm, i've only driven it twice (at work, and then home from work with works tradeplate on the back) because it's currently unregistered, but on the way home i managed to get it to lock up pretty hard, although that ABS light you mentioned is on currently. Perhaps the code needs to be cleared before it operates again.

if you can get the condensor back in the front of it - yes it will . I ran out of space when the fans went in. I have the condensor here if you want it.
That would be awesome actually. Pretty keen to have cold A/C, haha.
nah turf them. I had a imported Glanza V at the time and I was going to get creative.. sold it and didn't need to.

I have two Skylines and have been working on pretty much every version for the last 12 years (inc R35.) so that replacement I know quite well. enjoy the car. if you have questions about it shoot me a message on here. I have a spare alternator and a set of spare turbos for it as well.
Cheers mate! Let me know when a convenient time is for you and maybe we could arrange to meet up so i could pick up that condenser?

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu May 03, 2012 8:57 pm

mr_sp33 wrote:Wow. I just bought this car
Lucky fella!

It seems that Chris is more than helpful to you with any questions - that's great to see!

Enjoy it, there's been a lot of work put into it then some more!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Thu May 03, 2012 9:00 pm

mr_sp33 wrote:PM'd :)

Hmm, i've only driven it twice (at work, and then home from work with works tradeplate on the back) because it's currently unregistered, but on the way home i managed to get it to lock up pretty hard, although that ABS light you mentioned is on currently. Perhaps the code needs to be cleared before it operates again.

That would be awesome actually. Pretty keen to have cold A/C, haha.

Cheers mate! Let me know when a convenient time is for you and maybe we could arrange to meet up so i could pick up that condenser?
10 am is fine. I will probably be under something at that point. turbos are elsewhere.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote:10 am is fine. I will probably be under something at that point. turbos are elsewhere.
Hahaha, that's cool. Speak to you then.

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:41 pm

It was good meeting you yesterday! Cheers again for that condenser.

nncoolg

Post by nncoolg » Mon May 07, 2012 7:43 pm

how did it end up at the auctions?
The trading corner : the stuff that I need ATM -
# Vortex Main Dash Surround / Bezel ANY COLOUR,
# Vortex Radio, # RHD Vortex 4speed auto digital dash,
# RH-Side parking (86+) Vortex wiper transmission,
# EA82 AWD 4EAT,
If you have them please PM me :cool:

Cincinati

Sorry, what

Post by Cincinati » Mon May 07, 2012 8:01 pm

how do you do?

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:17 pm

for me - too many cars - that one had to go. sent it to we buy any car. they sent to to manheim where this fellow scared himself shitless and bought it :p
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

nncoolg

Post by nncoolg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:54 am

Why wholesale it off? Im sure someone here would have been all over it...
The trading corner : the stuff that I need ATM -
# Vortex Main Dash Surround / Bezel ANY COLOUR,
# Vortex Radio, # RHD Vortex 4speed auto digital dash,
# RH-Side parking (86+) Vortex wiper transmission,
# EA82 AWD 4EAT,
If you have them please PM me :cool:

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:42 am

Neville, read post #246 - all Chris was asking was $2500 in his mitts !!

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:55 am

I think a lot of us would love to own it, but only few that could afford it and/or already have too many play toys.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Gannon wrote:I think a lot of us would love to own it, but only few that could afford it and/or already have too many play toys.

exactly. I already have two toys and that one was the third and wife was getting annoyed with it. as for wholesaling it. I had a victorian buyer but the mod plates on it didn't mean squat there and the thing would have needed engineeering again. in the end it was all too hard and with a wife complaining I had too many cars - that was the final outcome.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

purp

Post by purp » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Gannon wrote:I think a lot of us would love to own it, but only few that could afford it and/or already have too many play toys.
I would have loved it, but as with Chris, it was incompatible with the wife... :?

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote:wife
Tweetys owner has a fix for this type of predickament :D

purp

Post by purp » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:35 pm

steptoe wrote:Tweetys owner has a fix for this type of predickament :D
That fix is also incompatible with the wife... :)

Mushroom

Post by Mushroom » Thu May 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi Guys,

Because I have Girlfriend 1.0 which is compatible with the GT2 Wagon I am the new proud owner of the car.
I have so many questions to ask and a bit of work to do to bring it back up to Chris's high standards but I will try.

Cheers
Troy

Return to “My Subi”