Nannadan the time traveller

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Does the gear selector have the option "HD" for Hyper Drive where the "D" usually is? :lol:

I wonder what retro 80's warp noises it makes. And do you see into the future or only into the past about 30 years?? :p

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:39 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Does the gear selector have the option "HD" for Hyper Drive where the "D" usually is? :lol:

I wonder what retro 80's warp noises it makes. And do you see into the future or only into the past about 30 years?? :p

Cheers

Bennie
you see everything Bennie Everything :)

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Last weekend I went crazy and pulled the old engine and auto transmission. I'm pretty sure the transmission weighs as much as the motor., it took almost 12 hours to do the whole swap. Mind you at least 2 of those hours were getting the carby to a point where it ran on the motor.

Why? Because I used and L series manifold and carby. What a joy they are to set up without the 1990's emissions rubbish ... not. I set it up like the carby that was on Nannadan, only to have the biggest flat spot followed by a back fire of epic proportions on acceleration or cruising or anything.

What I didn't realise until yesterday after an hour of internet research, is that the main bowl vent and the secondary bowl vent both need restrictor pills, on the lines that come out of them. Now that I have that done the extra power is as good as a weber swap, yet not this is not an over fueled conversion like a weber swap normally is :)

I have pictures but because stupidbucket wants everyone to go pro they are on Imgur. Sadly not as many pictures as I would like but thems the breaks. I'm not resizing them to put them on the board so you will need to follow the link to view them https://imgur.com/a/PoWur

TOONGA

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:20 pm

I'd guess the transmission weighs more than a long block. Those steel gears weigh a ton on Subaru boxes.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:06 pm

TOONGA wrote:I'm not resizing them to put them on the board so you will need to follow the link to view them https://imgur.com/a/PoWur
Lazy! The trick is to resize each image before you upload to the host site. Works a treat for me ;)

Fair effort on the swap. What did you do with the different thermostat housing position and hose work to the radiator? Only asking in the event that you have factory PS fitted.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:09 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Lazy! The trick is to resize each image before you upload to the host site. Works a treat for me ;)

Fair effort on the swap. What did you do with the different thermostat housing position and hose work to the radiator? Only asking in the event that you have factory PS fitted.

Cheers

Bennie
Suppose so but if you click on them you get heaps of detail. :)

No power steering, so I just used a hose that is very similar to the L top hose, as I didn't have one.

TOONGA

Nubaru

Post by Nubaru » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:13 pm

That sticker on the door is in amazing condition for its age. I was looking at a door trim just today that had same sticker, or remnants of, and even now reading yours, is as clear as south Australian mud ? as to what one is meant to be doing to observe their instruction.

Engine and trans swap - another auto or fwd5 ?

Reply some time in next 18 months is OK :)
member since 10january2014 #6191

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed May 30, 2018 11:46 am

LOL Nubaru sorry I missed this. I put in a worked EA81 engine a 5 speed from a wrecked hard top and an EA82 manifold and NOS carby and air cleaner.

some pictures https://imgur.com/a/PoWur

TOONGA

Return to “My Subi”