It's been a very long time

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
Alex
Elder Member

It's been a very long time

Post by Alex » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi all,

Hopefully most of you older members remember me but for those who don't, my name is Alex and i was previously heavily into this forum and modifying (breaking) my L-series (wanky wagon)

Things have changed a fair bit in my life since then; family, kids, houses, work etc. But i have recently purchased another Subaru which is a 2007 outback.

Since the 'old days' i have had a SWB GQ patrol which was pretty heavily modified, 2000 outback, a VW Passat which was a major let-down and cost me extreme amounts of money to now where i have a 2013 hyundai i45 which is the family car(and its a seriously good vehicle), my 2001 special edition liberty (which i have had since i was 18 and can't part with it) and my latest subaru

I know AndrewT will shoot me down, but it is a 2.5l automatic and i bought it mainly because it has relatively low km (101000km) and its in great nick at a really good price.

This is my second car that i can tow a trailer with(no tow ball on hyundai or liberty = annoying), load the kids and dog into and go for a fang down the beach etc. So it really suits my family's needs perfectly.

Anyway here is a couple of pics and i look forward to mingling with you guys again.

Alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:44 pm

He's back!

What's the mod list planned :twisted:

Good to hear you've still got your prized liberty! Does it have a turbo conversion yet??

And a nice outback too mate ;)

See you around the forum again ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:04 pm

Hey Bennie, no mods planned at this stage - do baby seats count?

Perhaps some lifted springs in the future but i really want to keep this one neat.

I'll just be doing the normal maintenance stuff at this stage, have already done a complete cooling system overhaul (not necessary) but it just gives me some peace of mind. Feels good to get all my tools out again and have a muck around!

Alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)

previously

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:47 pm

Hooray! :p

Welcome back ;)
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:22 am

Yay welcome back Alex. I'm quite a fan of the Gen4s. When I get too fed up with bumping around in the rattly old L series I'm pretty sure that's what I would move into. Certainly more room would be handy with the two baby seats. You're right, I'd probably go with a different driveline but you won't cop any flack from me - these days I respect everyone's preferences :)

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:47 am

Welcome back I thought your post count would stay on 5555 forever.

Nice wagon, I want to see it bogged at Preston or White Hills :)

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:49 am

AndrewT wrote:Yay welcome back Alex. I'm quite a fan of the Gen4s. When I get too fed up with bumping around in the rattly old L series I'm pretty sure that's what I would move into. Certainly more room would be handy with the two baby seats. You're right, I'd probably go with a different driveline but you won't cop any flack from me - these days I respect everyone's preferences :)
haha, i was looking for a 6 cylinder, but unfortunately in the outbacks they are all autos. Took this thing for a drive and the 2.5l goes pretty good. Its obviously not as powerful as the 6 cylinder, but its definitely no slouch - and it cruises around town using 8.2l/100km on regular unleaded. Its just cheaper all round to run.

The condition, low km's and price is what really sold it for me.

I am currently stripping the stereo out of my liberty to transplant into the outback and geez these things are a pain the ar$e because of the built in dash/climate control.

Toonga, i am keen to test it out in the sand, i have had it through the bush at Pickering Brook and its got heaps of traction so i think it'll go pretty well!

Alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)

previously

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:06 pm

TOONGA wrote: Nice wagon, I want to see it bogged
Me too!

Let Wanky wagon live on in a new car :rolleyes:

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:09 pm

so i've done a few things

the most important thing is a decent stereo, so i have stripped my gear out of my liberty and transplanted it. It is a rather large system so its taken a bit of time to do it properly

Thats it for now. Pretty happy with the results and i can feel a wanky wagonish bromance forming :)

Alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)

previously

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Alex wrote:Thats it for now. Pretty happy with the results and i can feel a wanky wagonish bromance forming :)
Hehehe... I was wondering how long this would take to "manifest" again.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:53 pm

Flip out DVD player... its not 2005 anymore. Welcome back Alex... unfortunately a lot has changed and not much action on the forums anymore... all the kids are into this facebook business. Nice ride btw.
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:26 pm

Some things stay similar. At least you've still got Hatchy in your garage Dave. I'm still running a white L series wagon. Need to see some photos of yours down at a beach Alex!

Return to “My Subi”