My Fourth Subaru

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
Booie

My Fourth Subaru

Post by Booie » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:26 am

Hi Well I have just joined the forum after getting back to driving a Subaru. It has been many years since my last one That was a Liberty which unfortunately my first wife ended up with. Prior to that I had an 83 4wd wagon and then an L Series 4wd sedan
Now I have just bought a 1989 L Series Touring Wagon which is one owner with 180,000 on the clock. It is so original it even has the Subaru carpet mats in the front
It was amazing how things came flooding back during the three hour drive home after picking it up. The engine note which only a Subaru makes The punchy engine even when pushing a three speed auto box. The overall solid feel of the car even if it is 24 years old.

This is going to be our runabout car and will be used instead of our larger and heavier 4wd twin cab diesel
:D:D

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:06 am

One owner - oh , so you didn't buy the one with the real punchy engine option - mrsp33's twin turbo L wagon :) - that'd put more :D on your dial .

Hi and welcome. I am curious as to your old L sedan in 4WD - was it turbo or a non turbo? I have a GLTA that was factory 3 sp 4WD auto turbo, now with PT 4WD 5 speed dual range box - most fun car I have owned for a long time. Got it with 188,000km now just turned over 283,000 - trust you can achieve similar :)

I have seen some sedans in 4WD non turbo and wondered if they were factory ......

nncoolg

Post by nncoolg » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Yes, you could get a 4wd L series Carby, my old man had one once.
The trading corner : the stuff that I need ATM -
# Vortex Main Dash Surround / Bezel ANY COLOUR,
# Vortex Radio, # RHD Vortex 4speed auto digital dash,
# RH-Side parking (86+) Vortex wiper transmission,
# EA82 AWD 4EAT,
If you have them please PM me :cool:

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:16 pm

89 Touring Wagon means it may have come with the factory fitted EFI EA82 engine.

Hi and Welcome to AUSubaru
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “My Subi”