60766244's AWD Brumby w/ EA22 conversion

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.

Post by 60766244 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:55 am

And she's sold... 8) Sold to another Ausubaru member from down south! So atleast you guys will get to see her about.

But... What have I bought? :cool:
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:17 pm

60766244 wrote:And she's sold... 8) Sold to another Ausubaru member from down south! So atleast you guys will get to see her about.

Another subaru :)

And no everybody I didn't buy it :(

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:59 pm

60766244 wrote:And she's sold... 8) Sold to another Ausubaru member from down south! So atleast you guys will get to see her about.

Who brought maple?

And we need pics (proof) of purchase :)
TOONGA wrote:Another subaru :)

And no everybody I didn't buy it :(

TOONGA
Durr.. he already said it was another Subie

And we know you wouldn't have brought maple.. 7k over your budget :p
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Eatu4t

Post by Eatu4t » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:18 am

Hello!

;)

And here we have our winner...

Post by 60766244 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:33 am

Eatu4t wrote:Hello!

;)
Apparently Maple was a must have by this Gentleman. Glad to see it go to a good home. :cool:

I did get something...

Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:34 am

Eatu4t wrote:Hello!

;)
Yello !

So what plans do you forsee for maple there Eatu4t. She pretty much ready for action and really only needs to be see out and about more :wink:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:38 am

60766244 wrote:Apparently Maple was a must have by this Gentleman. Glad to see it go to a good home. :cool:

I did get something...

Glad to hear she went to someone that will appreciate her.

And woohoo.. an Outback.. nice colour too :cool:

More details on the Outback please Jay-Jay

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eatu4t

Post by Eatu4t » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:46 am

Quite a few camping trips are planned for the near future with the missus and dog family ;)

Can put the WRX into retirement and drive it when I wanna go fast fast =]

At least keep the km's down on her abit and show her some love =]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:59 am

Sounds good. Maple will get you to many places some of the larger 4WD won't but horses for courses.

Your WRX will definitely feel loved. Tell us more about it? maybe start a new thread and pics are always good :) I've got one myself that doesn't get out much, much to the disgust of my son.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eatu4t

Post by Eatu4t » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:02 am

RSR 555 wrote:Sounds good. Maple will get you to many places some of the larger 4WD won't but horses for courses.

Your WRX will definitely feel loved. Tell us more about it? maybe start a new thread and pics are always good :) I've got one myself that doesn't get out much, much to the disgust of my son.
Will probably spend most of Sunday starting a thread of my experiences with Maple and my WRX, best feeling to have the best of both worlds now with the Subaru badge on them =]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:26 pm

If it's the beast in your avatar, then I'll be watching out for that thread :) I'm sure my son will too, as it looks like the model he likes.

It's funny how once you've owned a Subie, you end up sticking with them

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eatu4t

Post by Eatu4t » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:40 pm

RSR 555 wrote:If it's the beast in your avatar, then I'll be watching out for that thread :) I'm sure my son will too, as it looks like the model he likes.

It's funny how once you've owned a Subie, you end up sticking with them
Yep that's her there, I seen Jay-Jay have a perv on her curvy bum when they met ;)

Damn nice car, and surprises some people at how hard she pulls.

So... New thread for the new car.

Post by 60766244 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:39 pm

She's dubbed "Otter" for several reasons. ;)

See Here: http://www.ausubaru.com.au/showthread.php?p=223016

Lord of Maple; Are you going to keep her in this thread or move her to a new one? Seems like its best if Maple stays in the same thread to me! :)

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:34 am

Sorry to say Jay-Jay but when you sold Maple, you relinquished any ties to her.. she's a wild Brumby now :p Be free Mable... be free

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post by 60766244 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 am

RSR 555 wrote:Sorry to say Jay-Jay but when you sold Maple, you relinquished any ties to her.. she's a wild Brumby now :p Be free Mable... be free
Wild Brumby :rolleyes:

Eatu4t

Post by Eatu4t » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 am

Wild is an understatement, she's amazing.

Took her out fishing on a local beach down here, absolutely flew past 2 bogged cruisers and a courier.

Camping trip this weekend down to lake Jasper which should be most excellent =D

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:57 am

Image GIFSoup

Did you toot and wave as you went passed :lol:

And pics of Maple at Lake Jasper are a must.. I've even heard you might get banned if you don't ;)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eatu4t

Post by Eatu4t » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:13 am

Smiled and waved and kept going, was more a test session so I did end up getting Maple bogged on purpose later on down the beach, just to see what would happen, sure enough, reverse back, and kept going again.

Defies logic this car haha.

And pics will be for sure coming, gonna be abit of a trek, but I think it'll be fine, see what she's got on the bigger boys.

At the moment I'm looking at some bigger AT shoes for her, anyone got some suggestions?

Post by 60766244 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:36 am

RSR 555 wrote: And pics of Maple at Lake Jasper are a must.. I've even heard you might get banned if you don't ;)
Eatu4t wrote:Wild is an understatement, she's amazing.

Took her out fishing on a local beach down here, absolutely flew past 2 bogged cruisers and a courier.

Camping trip this weekend down to lake Jasper which should be most excellent =D
Definite permanent bans from the forum if you don't get photos from down there with her! ;)

I love lake Jasper! Amazing place to water-ski - and was the first place I did. Incredible. Being able to see turtles and that in the water when canoeing was so good!
Eatu4t wrote:Smiled and waved and kept going, was more a test session so I did end up getting Maple bogged on purpose later on down the beach, just to see what would happen, sure enough, reverse back, and kept going again.

Defies logic this car haha.

And pics will be for sure coming, gonna be abit of a trek, but I think it'll be fine, see what she's got on the bigger boys.

At the moment I'm looking at some bigger AT shoes for her, anyone got some suggestions?
She will be totally fine, we took some totally stock L-Series down there a few years back and they got in and out easily. Just remember to look out for the ruts! We had a few surprises...:rolleyes: There's a video out there, I will try find it on my hard-drive!

She's mental. My favourite is the "Good luck!" you get from Landcruiser drivers and Hiluxers, and then they see you later on while they're digging. ;)

I know my favourite offroad tyre is the Dueler AT - just not sure if they make them in a 14" rim size. :roll:

So keen to see what you do with this car and keep on with the passion. :cool:

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:36 am

LOL.. I love the look on their faces as you go pass :mrgreen:

They are truely amazing with the EJ engine in them. They have just the right amount of power and the lack of weight allows them to skip along the top of the sand with ease.

Tyres.. well it's personal choice but I liked the Toyo Open Country tyres and Tristan has the BF Goodies on Hatchie. Both do well on and off road but a little noisey on road and not as good as road tyres on the beach, so really need to work out what you'll be driving on most, or buy yourself 2 sets of tyres.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “My Subi”