GT2 wagoo.

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:40 pm

I had an hour to kill today so i tried wiring up the 'POWER' button. Lifted the console and this plug was hanging loose...

The problem appears to be that the wires coming form the shift nob have been pulled off, (you can see the wires look pretty stressed at the top) so i picked up a new shift nob and soldered the harness back on...

Put it all back together and back in... aaand nothing haha. I don't really have time to further investigate just yet. But i'll add it to the things i've got planned to fix over the holidays.

At first i thought it might be the couple of wires that are missing on the plug (you can see it looks like they've been cut off on the plug in the first pic) but the other side of the plug (harness side) has no wires attached, so i don't think it's that. I'll have to trace it back and see what's connected and what isn't...

Progress progress.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm surprised you want any more power than what you already have ! :D

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:51 pm

I've got a nice black stitched leather auto knob if your interested with good wires. Happy to swap for another drawing:p
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Haha. The leather didn't really match anything anyway, this one looks fine.

p.s The car i parked next to last night while i was at a friends house got stolen... Whoever suggested that club lock a few weeks back may have just saved my leone...

/reality check.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 am

The best thing about older cars.. no one suspects what's under the hood :)

Glad to hear your car is safe :cool:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

nncoolg

Post by nncoolg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:13 pm

mr_sp33 wrote:Came out of work and found this:

Anyone know who it belongs to? Pretty freakin rad!
Guessing by his for sale listing today, that would be 'kelossus'
The trading corner : the stuff that I need ATM -
# Vortex Main Dash Surround / Bezel ANY COLOUR,
# Vortex Radio, # RHD Vortex 4speed auto digital dash,
# RH-Side parking (86+) Vortex wiper transmission,
# EA82 AWD 4EAT,
If you have them please PM me :cool:

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:49 pm

I guess he got those Peugeot rims working...!

Random pic at the shops today... One of these is not like the other.. :P

Also, this ae82 corolla came through work last week and had this neat little spoiler on the back, reminds me heaps of the 'optional spoiler' that i saw in the 'rare/oem' thread that was posted recently.... Going to have to try and find one of these, i reckon it'll look sick on the L! Thoughts?

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Had another win at the wreckers yesterday. Picked up a mint drivers side fender (mine had a huge dint in it), and a couple of minor things:

Dash mat:

Took the old fender off and the frame was covered in light surface rust, so i gave it a quick sand and some touch up..

new fender on:

Looking gooood:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:41 pm

mr_sp33 wrote:Coolant in my passengers side footwell... I'm not really sure how i want to tackle this... I don't really want to have to remove the dash. Considering just looping the lines in the engine bay :(
Only way to do it is to pull the dash. Do a search on here, I've written it up some where step by step. Best thing to do is get an all copper/brass unit. I've gone this way and never looked back, even though it cost a bit at the time I no longer have to worry about blowing the plastic end tanks (did three :()

Or as you say, loop it in the engine bay. I tried going without the heater, but down here even in summer you can freeze your tits off at night!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Only way to do it is to pull the dash. Do a search on here, I've written it up some where step by step. Best thing to do is get an all copper/brass unit. I've gone this way and never looked back, even though it cost a bit at the time I no longer have to worry about blowing the plastic end tanks (did three :()

Or as you say, loop it in the engine bay. I tried going without the heater, but down here even in summer you can freeze your tits off at night!

Cheers

Bennie
Do you buy them new? How much are we talking here? I've got a good 6 months at least before it ever drops below 25 again haha. QLD!

87rxturbo

Post by 87rxturbo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Car's looking good especially with the black spoiler on the front,gives it a completely different look.

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Cheers!

87rxturbo

Post by 87rxturbo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:18 pm

My vortex did the same thing yesterday,someone didnt have a lid on the overflow bottle did they...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Yeah fun and games - I had that happen at 110km/h on the freeway. Some one even called the fire authority thinking we were on fire... That was the first one I did.

And to answer your question about the heater core, I think it cost me $220 from memory. A bit expensive but I was over swapping the cores out!

Find a good radiator joint and they should be able to order one in a day or two for about the same price. I've been running this core for about 3 years now without thinking or worrying about it! And it keeps me toasty warm in winter, even in the snow where it spent two seasons :D

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:06 pm

87rxturbo wrote:,someone didnt have a lid on the overflow bottle did they...
Haha, na.

Hmm, another starter motor fail... lol

I was able to swap the solenoids across though, hopefully that clears up the problem... Took it for a test run after doing this and the coolant pressure tank cap blew off (what the ****?) Replaced it with my Honda's radiator cap for now.

110km's later, seems ok so far!

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:02 am

must go stock up on silver seal ...... and with the starter...wasn't just crying out for the starter relay mod was it , like mine ?

nncoolg

Post by nncoolg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:38 am

Do you unbolt the inlet flanges off the intercooler to remove it? I bet that's a Job and a half!
The trading corner : the stuff that I need ATM -
# Vortex Main Dash Surround / Bezel ANY COLOUR,
# Vortex Radio, # RHD Vortex 4speed auto digital dash,
# RH-Side parking (86+) Vortex wiper transmission,
# EA82 AWD 4EAT,
If you have them please PM me :cool:

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:51 pm

if you are going to pull that dash - GET ME INVOLVED! it comes out a certain way and goes back in a certain way. get it wrong and the panel around the cluster WILL NOT sit properly.

Gear shift - you need to have a scanner attached to the car to verify operation of that switch. the light on the dash drives the system. if it is blown it will not work and you have no way of telling short or watching a scan tool. I do own one and it has been used many a time on that car.

car looks good. watch the DS crew. once it gets known it will get nicked. strongly suggest a countermeasure or two on it.

the VF20/21 combo will work fine on it . 26 will need more fuel and the ECU will boost cut hard and shut the system down.

the starter IS a BG5 one but it is especially for that combo and is different to any other one. when you put the I'cooler back on make sure that you get EVERY clamp tight on it. otherwise the car will toss code 66 and lock out the TT system.
I spent MONTHS looking for leaks in that thing!
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline
1990 R32 Nissan Skyline GTS4

2006 Holden Combo - work van :)

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:12 pm

steptoe wrote:must go stock up on silver seal ...... and with the starter...wasn't just crying out for the starter relay mod was it , like mine ?
No more leaks now that the rad cap is replaced (actually found a brand new one sitting in one of the compartments in the rear... thanks Chris!). I'm starting to think it's not starter related, perhaps the ignition switch is dying...
nncoolg wrote:Do you unbolt the inlet flanges off the intercooler to remove it? I bet that's a Job and a half!
You can say that again.... I've done a few times now... I'm a seasoned pro!

Gear shift - you need to have a scanner attached to the car to verify operation of that switch. the light on the dash drives the system. if it is blown it will not work and you have no way of telling short or watching a scan tool. I do own one and it has been used many a time on that car.
Sounds like a bastard!
car looks good. watch the DS crew. once it gets known it will get nicked. strongly suggest a countermeasure or two on it.
Thanks man, the guys that run DS are close friends of mine so i don't go to the meets much anymore (because i catch up with them at other times). I've been really cautious since the car next to mine got stolen at west end a couple of weeks back. I keep it club locked at all times now, and at a locked premises at night... Not that that's the ultimate deterrent but it's better than nothing!
the VF20/21 combo will work fine on it . 26 will need more fuel and the ECU will boost cut hard and shut the system down.
Hmm... The smaller turbo is starting to take a shit, it's quite noisy when the car has warmed up... Maybe it's time to upgrade!
the starter IS a BG5 one but it is especially for that combo and is different to any other one. when you put the I'cooler back on make sure that you get EVERY clamp tight on it. otherwise the car will toss code 66 and lock out the TT system.
I spent MONTHS looking for leaks in that thing!
Yeah that intercooler is a real bitch. It sits right on the firewall too which doesn't help anything!

Actually, i'm going to be heading past your place in a couple of days (probably monday morning) If you're free and not doing family stuff i might pop around and say gday?

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Also do all Leone's have this neat separator in the glove compartment?

My documents have never been so organised!

Return to “My Subi”