it's a new car!

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
stinky

it's a new car!

Post by stinky » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:16 am

Well after getting sick of the old outback with it's cracked gaskets and overheating I decided to go look at a new car. I test drove the 2011 WRX and STI as well as a 2010 Legacy(Liberty) GT ( 2011 legs haven't been released yet ).

The WRX was really fun, but I feel in this day and age, any car with that power should be mated to a 6speed. the STI was crazy fun but everything that makes it fun, also makes it less fun to drive as a commuter. The GT on the other hand was fantastic. All the fun of the WRX with the 6 speed gearbox and a better ride for commuting plus some luxurys.

The Legacy GT is $60k back home ... I picked this one up for $28k.... The base legacy GT is a little less luxury than the base AU Liberty GT, just has basic AC, not split climate control, fairly basic stereo, non leather seats ( which I prefer anyway ), I'm sure there's other differences too .... but still a crazy amount of car for the money.

I got it on a lease as I never plan on owning it outright ( hopefully I'll be home before then! ) and am paying just under $350/month inc. maintenance.

Pics to come soon :)
'91 brumby, EJ-Turbo with VOSChip, 2" lift, 15" superlites, Dual Range AWD.

'93 Subaru Legacy, 2.2 auto, automatic seatbelts, LHD.

dwayneb

Post by dwayneb » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:26 am

That sounds like some good buying there!
Back in a Subaru, 03 Forester XS:D

phantomD

Post by phantomD » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:27 pm

stinky wrote:Pics to come soon :)
:mrgreen:

Return to “My Subi”