2000 H6 Project.

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Cheers bro,

Just a 2'' body lift, and get extra inch or so from the tires. As I will be driving it every day I wanted to keep it handling ok, still pretty shit compared to the lib but that's what you get. Should also be adequate for what I will use it for. Can always go more but then loose handling, cv's and legality!

Nah I cant get rego with them but I have roadies sitting in the back for that :). They where 290 a pop. Expensive but I figure they will last the life of the car if I use the roadies day to day.

Yeah I do have a subaextreme sump guard (got it off maggoo) but was making sure it didn't have any leaks after its first drive.

Jealous you can just drive on the beaches over there. In fact taking my stock lib from Esperance to Cape Le Grand was what opened my eyes to subies off road!

Hopefully will be on the road Bennie but I'll still be in SA. Maybe later in the year.

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:57 pm

taza wrote:This is my mates, has 6" lift all up. The crappy low range with the manual got it stuck while trying to pull out my stock ex L-Series
6" lift? doesn't look it.
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:59 pm

vincentvega wrote:6" lift? doesn't look it.
Because he counts the apparent spring lift and the extra height from running the tyres. Which would mean that my 3 inch lifted L series is actually lifted 5 inches :???:

Hope this clears it up ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:02 pm

vincentvega wrote:6" lift? doesn't look it.
Yep it is
El_Freddo wrote:Because he counts the apparent spring lift and the extra height from running the tyres. Which would mean that my 3 inch lifted L series is actually lifted 5 inches :???:

Hope this clears it up ;)

Cheers

Bennie
Thats exactly it. Thats why I said total lift, not actual lift. 2" lift blocks all round, 2" raised HD springs all round and 3" bigger tyres. Giving around 5.5" in total he had. Now the car is lowered with a JDM WRX STI motor... Thats where I stole my 2.5l motor from. Still getting it bebuilt though :(

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:32 pm

The only thing stopping me getting this on the road is getting the bloody speedo to work! Anyone have any ideas or know of any good spots to get it fixed?

Will

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Looks awesome! Will be one mean machine when its finished :twisted:

Any plans for the rear bumper? The overhang tends to get caught a lot, tears in the rear bumper are pretty common on OBs driven offroad, even with 3" total lift. Some people get a another from a wrecker & cut it down, saving your good one for (if) you want to sell it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 am

Yeah I have a whole spare bar that came off the wreck NachaLuva. That will do for now cause I'm pretty much out of cash :P

Got the speedo working woew now to just get it to stop stalling when coming down off the revs and clutch is engaged!

Final RWC on sat then Rego mon if everything goes to plan.

Will.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:46 pm

hydrowill wrote:Yeah I have a whole spare bar that came off the wreck NachaLuva. That will do for now cause I'm pretty much out of cash :P

Got the speedo working woew now to just get it to stop stalling when coming down off the revs and clutch is engaged!
You mean dis-engaged (foot on clutch?)? I'd be checking out your IACValve, it might be faulty or require cleaning :???:

All the best with the roadworthy. What was the issue with the speedo?

Cheers

Bennie

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Yeahp that's the one bennie. Yeah I'll have to look at it, when I find it :P haha. Venom says he has the same issue.

Thanks very much fingers crossed ey.

Managed to get the speedo going by joining it in at the back of the cluster.

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:56 am

Got the RWC can't say how stoaked I am woeowoeowowow ;)

Now rego on monday and woop up the coast we go!

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:09 pm

hydrowill wrote:Got the RWC can't say how stoaked I am woeowoeowowow ;)
Awesome stuff mate! I reckon you'll enjoy the H6 with the manual - and see an increase in economy depending on the 5th gear ratio...

Cheers

Bennie

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Awesome! What's it doing at 100km/hr with the 5 speed?

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:07 pm

hydrowill wrote:Got the RWC can't say how stoaked I am woeowoeowowow ;)
Woohoo...congrats :D
taza wrote:What's it doing at 100km/hr with the 5 speed?
Whats it doing? Doing it in style! :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:11 pm

very keen tonhear how this thing goes with the manual box. congrats on the rwc
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks guys.

Sits around 3k with standard wheels/tyres. Same box as what would be in yours Taza so ratios wont change with the motor, just change in tyres. Haven't done 100 with the BFGs yet so will have to let you know.

The H6 is great followed by the 5m/t, enough power everywhere. In situations where I would have the foot to the floor in the lib the O/B only needs a lil squirt. And when you really feed it it's not slow!

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Ok so rego went well :) now the car is all packed up. Up the coast we go :)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:04 pm

hydrowill wrote:Ok so rego went well :) now the car is all packed up. Up the coast we go :)
Send us a pic of the outback in various places on your way up ;) And if you can't do that at least get a pic of her all loaded up!

Cheers

Bennie

PS: I hope you have a trouble free trip!

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Ok so been in noosa for 6 days now and have had a fairly packed time. Have been attacked by midges, done losts of praying to the swell gods to give us something more than 1-2ft, worked on the car a bit an had heeps of fun. Was having issues with the rear tyres chopping out on the guards so miles from am auto helped me out with some raised springs that me and a mate fitted this morning (nothing like a 2h surf after to clean the dirt from under your nails). So as well as helping me sort out the wiring issues with the car it is now another inch higher. Anyway we are planning to head over th Fraser island tomorrow and give the car a proper go on the sand. Can't wait. Will try to figure out how to post a pic off an I phone!

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Are you heading back through brisbane on your way home? I would love to check your car out if you are!

You will have a ball on fraser. Dont be afraid to let your tyres down. i was down to 16psi last time i was up there.

make sure you do the walk in to Lake Wobby. its an amazing place for a swim. take some bread in and feed the catfish too. If you cant find them check at the end of the lake where it drains into the trees. Lake Mckenzie is also a must see - but will be packed. If you stick around until sunset the tour buses will bugger off and you can have the lake to yourself sometimes.

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:43 am

Yeah I am going to meet up with some friends in brissy for a night so will try pop past. Pm me your number or something and I'll message you. Thanks for the tips!

Return to “My Subi”