Lapsed Enduro L-series NEW OWNER (vidlers old one)

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:57 pm

I can see little Hatchie in the back ground.

Dave

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:06 pm

lookn sweet man. love ya setup :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:08 pm

tis a 4" lift... and i knocked up the roof cage at work... nothing i can say really. just made 2 rectangle frames out of 32mm ali and joined em together, put a 45 degree "bonnet" on the front and put mesh in the bottom... dont worry, the hammer tone is coming :D :D

-Sportswagon-

Post by -Sportswagon- » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:01 am

nice ride dude. wher did you get that subaru windscreen sticker ive been looking for one of those for ages.

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:55 pm

there is a sticker printing dude on this web site... i cant remember his name but if ya have a search you'll find him. other than that, any local sticker printing joint can make you one up, they should have the right font
09 Forester XT Touring Wagon

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:12 pm

Subaman - from Stickertech. Does a good job, and if you take your own design to him he'll do it. He did my (and Suba's) "Impreza Inside" stickers, as well as the the Backyard Boys and Ausubaru.com ones.
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue May 02, 2006 10:46 pm

and i thought mine had a fair bit done to it...
looks like ill be aspiring to have my subi up to scratch with yours.
sweet ride man

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:09 pm

yep.... handing over the keys on sunday so this is now Lapsed's ride... sad to see her go :cry: :cry:

this has been my pride and joy for the past 3 years, ive modified her, broken her, fixed her. Ive spent countless hours underneath her and in the engine bay, countless hours cleaning THE RED DUST out of her courtesy of MATTIMS driving like a mad man in front of me.

she's taken me many places i would never have gone without her, including some places where we shouldn't have been, JAFFA :D

she's turned many heads and made a few landcruisers jelous im sure, I never got a chance to prove the DISCOVERY RECOVERY sticker, but im sure she would given the opportunity.

Id like to thanks to Austal ships, the only reason i finished my apprenticeship there was so i could make lots of things for my car and not pay for em, other than that, your bastards :D

Id also like to thank all the WA crew for the fun times we all had together, all the places you took us, all the times you.ve helped us out of sticky situations, similar to the one JAFFA got himself in up at jarradale by himself and i had to drive out there and rescue him (he knows the time im talking about :D)

over the past few years ive learnt alot, when i bought her, i was not mechanically minded at all, everything i did back then took 5 times longer than it should it have, but she's taught me all the tricks and given me the confidence and ability to fix anything i break, for example i managed to replace the gearbox yesterday all by my lonesome:D

my favourite learing moment was when i ttried installing the king springs without spring comressors.... i tried everything under the sun, nearly killing my self a few times along the way. I tried putting everything into the car, tieing the front of the car down, then jacking up the hub to try get the nut on throught the strut top, i made a whacky spring compressor, which sent bit flying through the patio roof. I spent 3 days trying to compress the spring to about 4" tall before i realised the insert in the stut pulls out:oops::oops:

sorry for the long post, but im very sad to see her go, and if she's ever back on the market, trust me, ill have my eyes on her:D

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:32 pm

Jaffas name mentioned twice and not one mention of me.... grrr Ej25 would still be not wired up if not for me. Actually the Ej22 wouldn't have been properly either. Talk about un-greatfull... LOL

Yeah very sad to see her go... she has saved Hatchie from some rather damp situations a few times and towed me all the way home from Bells Rapids after a swamping. Very COOL car... i just hope Lapsed treats it with the same respect you did and continues to take it offroading like it was built for.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:06 pm

and she's a gone :( :(

car port looks empty now

subelover

oh well mate...

Post by subelover » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:45 pm

sad day mate... oh well sounds like uv had a great time playing and modifying her... not to mention the most important bit enjoying and driving her..

anyway what a weapon.. lets have a moments silence for vidler who just lost a loved 1.... lol

keep the head up there will be another ej l series 1 day... cheers Ben
i have a problem....subaruitus

Return to “My Subi”