im matty and this is my subi

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
matty

im matty and this is my subi

Post by matty » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:28 pm

hey hey im matty and this is my subi.
i joined this sick forum coz two times in 2 weeks i found notes under the wiper while working at supercheap auto. - vidler was one - who was the other?

anyways subi is a 1986 L1800 chassis with an engine and trans swap to a manual 1.8L 4WD turbo. shes got a 50 mm lift kit at the middle and rear and 75mm at the very front with bigger tyres which are sort of off-roadish. full bigger exhaust, extractors. thats how i bought her little over a year ago.
now she's running real sweet coz recently yellow stickered.i did a custom made cold air intake with a huge K&N pod filter plus homemade shroud and some spotties at the front plus heaps of fixing up of little things.
being mainly a turbo FWD shes a lot of fun to drive and goes real good offroad.
heres some recent photos of trips i went on

Subi tackling a dune that a $15,000 diesel hilux couldnt
Towing madness
duning at wedge
night time fun
hell old animation of 4wding in mundaring

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:36 pm

i didn't leave a note... but i did catch you when u were just starting work one day and i had a quick look about your car. I was in the little blue subaru hatch back. Leaving a note sounds a little like Jaffas MO... he is a bit obsessive... time to start locking your windows at night..lol.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:38 pm

sweet ride dude. Was looking at the 4wd turbo on the side of ur car a bit suspiciously :D familiar dunes of lancelin 2 us... can see my car in members rides a bit further down the list
09 Forester XT Touring Wagon

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:23 pm

yeah that was me, haha. Talk about getting ambushed!

smoov

Post by smoov » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:14 pm

heya matt and welcome to the forums

sweet ride you have there :)

watch out for the WA subaru crew, they're nutters. whatever you do, don't let them persuade you into welding your rear diff :lol: (LSD love forever :P :P :P)

oh, and becareful of your nice flashy gif there. although i think it makes a wonderful sig, you may induce epileptic seizures amongst some of the other members here!! :wink:
1998 Subaru Legacy GTB

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:35 am

smoov wrote:oh, and becareful of your nice flashy gif there. although i think it makes a wonderful sig, you may induce epileptic seizures amongst some of the other members here!! :wink:
Don't the GIF afflicted members have epilepsy guards? I think there's a way to block flashy GIF's.

As I said in the other post, welcome to the forums. There is a wealth of information here to be had and certainly plenty of other Perth people if you want to go 4WDing or meet up with other enthusiasts.
smoov wrote:watch out for the WA subaru crew, they're nutters. whatever you do, don't let them persuade you into welding your rear diff
I wouldn't be too worried about the WA member's pressuring him into welding the diff, there is plenty of LSD love over here too. The real question is.... whens the real turbo motor going in? :P :P
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:59 am

Carefull what you say about real turbo motors Tim , you will have Faffa onto you .lol

Mike.
ImageImage

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:56 pm

Jaffalaffa-poo-affa. I'm soooo scared :lol: :lol:

He needs a real turbo too :P
Maybe he needs a ride in my coupe actually.
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:11 am

Hey look Tim rime and now I have a cool new nic… Notice FaffaJaffalaffa-poo-affa unwillingness to react :P

Welcome to the wild side Matty.

The east coast crew are just a little upset as we are always out n about 4WD in remote locations that are within a few small hours of home.

What the turbo stuff is about is that I am the only person in the group (until recently) who has had an EA82T to go 4Wding in – majority have N/A EJ20’s and a few EA81… I believe that some are more reliable then other :roll: lol

Hmmm another 82T… look forward to seeing you out busting stuff with us/joining the EJ revolt… Oh and Subarino’s right lock ya door/windows at night… although if you have been receiving love letters from the crew it would appear that I have been rubbing off in more ways then 1 8O LOL

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:32 pm

Sweet ride, nice to have you with us!
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Mon May 01, 2006 9:03 pm

just incase someone looks here again im matty.
got a new account coz the other screwed up.
cheers for the comments

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Mon May 01, 2006 11:17 pm

Very inventive new nick name Matty. Thanks for helping Vidler and I out the other day at Super cheap.... for your info, Repco next door had a much better range of switches and warning lights... sorry. LOL

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Tue May 02, 2006 1:37 am

I call that "the walk of shame". Everybody does it..... park at Super Cheap, then walk next door to Repco when Super Cheap either doesn't have what you want, or they do but its just absolute crap :D

Still, that's why everyone goes there first.....most of their stuff is after all, super cheap.

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue May 02, 2006 10:59 pm

i wasnt feeling too creative when i typed the nickname in...
but im suprised no one else had it! now i can be the original subi!

-subi(matty)

Return to “My Subi”