Venom: H6 Gen2 Liberty GX

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Mon May 17, 2010 1:48 pm

kj0 wrote:That intake is exactly what I want to do, but instead a K&N Pod in a CAI box. Did you do the Intake piping yourself? If so, How much was already intact?
Intake came with the car and was made by the guy i bought it off, Al from AM autos. He does make them to order as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kj0

Post by kj0 » Mon May 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Venom wrote:Intake came with the car and was made by the guy i bought it off, Al from AM autos. He does make them to order as well.
AWesome, just found his wesite. Cheers.

Hope the best for your mods with your beast!

Brumby Boy

Post by Brumby Boy » Tue May 18, 2010 10:25 pm

Man I've been eyeing this thing in Al's section on OzFoz for a while, it's noice, wish I had the cash to buy it, have fun with it I reckon it'll be epic...
Long live the 1990 Subaru Brumby 2" lifted and soon to be mig locked
RIP 1992 Brumby

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2507954
http://www.myspace.com/brumby_boy

few self-respecting ricers would spend the time to modify a Daewoo.

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Wed May 19, 2010 8:27 am

How's the lift going?
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed May 19, 2010 8:34 am

Brumby Boy wrote:Man I've been eyeing this thing in Al's section on OzFoz for a while, it's noice, wish I had the cash to buy it, have fun with it I reckon it'll be epic...
Thanks mate. I had also been eyeing off the car since about Sept last year.

No action on the lift. I'm waiting on shocks, springs wheels and tyres :???: I was hoping to have it started by now...

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Wed May 19, 2010 8:49 am

Bummer! I'm having some gear box woes - my original refused to go into high range, the one that came with the car is being dicky with the centre diff and binding intermidently. I might drop into the PAP before friday and see what I can find....

I might be able to come over friday night and help you with the installs if you need it, I'm pretty quick with the spring and strut swaps now I've done it so many times.... Depends on my own car I guess!

Did you give that tyre shop in dandenong a call?

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed May 19, 2010 12:51 pm

ScubyRoo wrote:Bummer! I'm having some gear box woes - my original refused to go into high range, the one that came with the car is being dicky with the centre diff and binding intermidently. I might drop into the PAP before friday and see what I can find....

I might be able to come over friday night and help you with the installs if you need it, I'm pretty quick with the spring and strut swaps now I've done it so many times.... Depends on my own car I guess!

Sounds like some bad luck with the gearboxes. Hopefully it goes well for you in the next couple of days ;)

I may very well need some help friday night. Alot depends on when i get the parts i need, i'm hoping it all by friday or i'm fooked. I've got two Owens in my phone are you last two digits for your number 63 or 94?

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Wed May 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Venom wrote:Sounds like some bad luck with the gearboxes. Hopefully it goes well for you in the next couple of days ;)

I may very well need some help friday night. Alot depends on when i get the parts i need, i'm hoping it all by friday or i'm fooked. I've got two Owens in my phone are you last two digits for your number 63 or 94?

Cheers,
Rhys
63 :)

I reckon you'll have what you need, for sure! Positive thoughts...

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Wed May 19, 2010 10:00 pm

ScubyRoo wrote:Bummer! I'm having some gear box woes - my original refused to go into high range, the one that came with the car is being dicky with the centre diff and binding intermidently. I might drop into the PAP before friday and see what I can find....

Sure it refuses to go in high range?
Is the cable properly adjusted? Are you able to select to high/lo without cable attached (it'll be stiff but it can be done)
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Second and third posts on the third page updated with pictures and information about the lift, bash plates, wheels and tyres. Sorry no pics of the install the camera had a flat battery. Car was finished after 3 days work with late nights (3am even). There were some issues with radiator hoses, broken captive nut, thermo fan clearance and a few other little things which took up more time than fitting the actual lift kit did. I'm very happy with the result though. Love the H6.

I would also like to recommend Jeff at Crossbred Performance to anyone who wants to buy a lift kit or bash plates. Quality was excellent, no weld steering extension (i'll show a pic later), timely and helpfull responses to all questions and correspondence, best thing about it was i didn't have to pay untill the whole lot was complete and ready to send! Beats the last kit i bought hands down, which was cheaper but left me out of pocket for 4 months with nothing to show for it.

Hope you enjoy the pics,

Rhys

Crossbred Performance: jeff@crossbredperformance.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:56 pm

congrats on a beafcake ride mate. Tough as.

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:26 pm

Nice pics! I was very impressed with that front bash plate! Needs a bullbar and spotties:twisted:

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Impressive mate.. really impressive...

Specking of the engineers cert., did you get it done for Lift Kit?

With the steering coupling, is it outback one or its extra 2" or 3" link on it?
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanks for the positive comments guys :-D

Steering extension is a 50mm steel block with a spline to plug into the standard steering extension assembly and a socket in the other end to house the spline from the steering column end. Tried to take a couple of pictures of it but the camera is playing up.

Found out the LH engine mount is rooted yesterday. Makes a really annoying creaking sound which is starting to drive me nuts. While checking it out i took some photos of the bash plate while it was off the car, which i've added to the first page.

Had a generic 3" straight through muffler put on to replace the standard 2.0L impreza muffler i had fitted for the engineers. Big difference. Gives a very nice deep note and the car is breathing much better.

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Bugger about the door mate! I could simply come down to the amount of sun/weather the new door has seen compared to the rest of your subi :( And an even bigger BUGGER about your neighbour - hope the damage wasn't bad. Time for front and rear bars I reckon!

Glad you got your exhaust sorted. I've got mine done and its made a HUGE difference to the car. It just feels tighter to drive in general... Love it! Can't wait to hear yours now, that'll be three different exhaust configurations!!! Crazy. Hope you've got it right this time.

When are you headed up to hotham? One thing better than an awesome subaru is an awesome subaru in the snow :D And yours would stand out from the crowd of subi's up here!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:10 pm

So hows it drive lifted vs non-lifted? As in, handling
Owned - 89 Brumby, 83 Wagon, 83 Leone 4WD Sedan, 83 Touring Wagon, 99 Outback
Own - 87 Brumby, 93 Liberty, 09 Forester
Offroading Subarus Facebook Page

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 pm

Phiz all I know is that Rhys gets out of it looking like :mrgreen:

This lib went from WRX suspension to the current lifted setup - Venom will be able to tell you more about it. I my opinion it is a very nice setup - and is taller than my L but without going over the top.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Phizinza wrote:So hows it drive lifted vs non-lifted? As in, handling
Very simply:

Best for handling- Sti shocks and springs that were in when i bought it. Also a general pain in the ass scraping on driveways etc.

Very good handling- New KYB outback shocks and King springs with lift kit, rear sway bar removed (as it is now).

Worst handling- The stock shocks and springs i swapped in for the RWC (pre-lift).

I think the progressive spring rate on the king springs, plus the still relatively low centre of gravity (Overall height is still less than a forester) are what make the handling despite the lift.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:01 pm

New platinum plugs in, they bitch slapped my bank account. New idler and tension pulley bearing fitted, along with new serpentine belt. RH rocket cover gasket replaced, still leaking slightly though which is dissapointing. Both engine mounts replaced, one was rooted the other on its way out. Only really replaced both because like a moron i ordered a LH mount when the RH was broken so i ended up with two new ones :). Car is idling rough with dead spot around 2,500RPM so guess is throtle position sensor is rooted, Subaru Aus was like $320-360 for one. They're on the net in America for $100, so even with exchange rate + postage it'll be half price.

Dumb question time. From what i understand LSD means the two opposite wheels spin in the same direction when up in the air. Is this the same for the front wheels on an AWD car? I thought my rear had an LSD fitted but when jacked up the wheels turn in opposite directions. Fronts spin in the same direction though.

Would post pics but Olympus camera has some sort of unique SD card and cable which is different to everything else in the world. Should've kept my Sony...

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:53 pm

Venom wrote:New platinum plugs in, they bitch slapped my bank account. New idler and tension pulley bearing fitted, along with new serpentine belt. RH rocket cover gasket replaced, still leaking slightly though which is dissapointing. Both engine mounts replaced, one was rooted the other on its way out. Only really replaced both because like a moron i ordered a LH mount when the RH was broken so i ended up with two new ones :). Car is idling rough with dead spot around 2,500RPM so guess is throtle position sensor is rooted, Subaru Aus was like $320-360 for one. They're on the net in America for $100, so even with exchange rate + postage it'll be half price.

Dumb question time. From what i understand LSD means the two opposite wheels spin in the same direction when up in the air. Is this the same for the front wheels on an AWD car? I thought my rear had an LSD fitted but when jacked up the wheels turn in opposite directions. Fronts spin in the same direction though.

Would post pics but Olympus camera has some sort of unique SD card and cable which is different to everything else in the world. Should've kept my Sony...

Cheers,
Rhys
Yeah i know about these spark plugs - i have em in my liberty as well - worth it at the end of the day.

With LSD - I dunno what the specs of the gearbox, should it have front LSD?
To confirm LSD - the rears should turn at the same direction - then its LSD, if not then its open.
If the LSD is LSD then there is something wrong - ie broken shaft or wrong shaft.

Front - same as rear. - both turn opposite if its open, if same time then its LSD.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

Return to “My Subi”