newbe L1 driver

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
oldskoolscooby

newbe L1 driver

Post by oldskoolscooby » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:26 pm

Hello, I'm Marcel from netherlands, and i am a member off the dutsch subaru club.
i hope you can read my englisch :roll:
i have a subaru brat 1984

and i wont to buy an 1982 1800 4x4 hatchback

i have a EA82T thats has 50.000 mils running.
my plans are to built an EA82T engine into the hatchback, but in holland, there is nowone who has done that before.

can someone give me information or this EA82T engine fits on de EA81 tranny?.

every informatieon is welkom :mrgreen:

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:12 pm

Welcome to the boards, are the Dutch ones down at the moment? :D

The EA82T will bolt straight onto your existing gearbox, you could use the EA81 flywheel and clutch to keep things simple but really it wouldn't hold the power. Don't forget you will need to modify the engine crossmember or use a turbo one and you'll need to widen the chassis rails.

In my honest opinion you'd be better off going for an EJ20 turbo motor, these are newer, have more HP and more potential for HP, are easier to physically fit (less rail cutting) and are a smoother and better mannered motor. You would have to change gearbox though.
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:34 pm

If you want my opinion I reckon you're going to make vidler cry.

Jordan.
To become old and wise, first you must survive being young and dumb.

oldskoolscooby

Post by oldskoolscooby » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:55 pm

thanks for your answer, I knew that the subframe could cause problems.
because the subframe 81 cm wid and the engine 82 cm wid.
i have a EA82t flywheel and clutch :wink:

someone is me still money guilty, ( that has bought a ford cortina MK2 from me), and he has that EA82T engine lies, with a lots of brand new subaru components from de subaru L1 bjr 80 tm 85.
for this reason I have chosen for that engine.

next year when the hatchback is ready, than i gone look for an EJ 20 or EJ22 engine from a legacy, 2 swap into the subaru brat :mrgreen:

I have another question.... i saw that you race with a hardtop L1, and swap an EJ20 engine into a hardtop L1.
what kind of a type diskbrakes and shockabsorbers you uses into your car??

in the netherlands there is little choise in oldskool subaru,s parts and with the standaard brakes and shockabsorbers we have lots of problems on a race track

oldskoolscooby

Post by oldskoolscooby » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:09 pm

ps
if a take an EA20 turbo with the tranny..... how will it be with the 4x4 (front and back) axels

oldskoolscooby

Post by oldskoolscooby » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:12 pm

BaronVonChickenPants wrote:If you want my opinion I reckon you're going to make vidler cry.

Jordan.
i dont understand wat you mean, you can explain me what you mean

thanks

mvg marcel

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:18 pm

Vidler is one of the members of this board and with a lot of luck found and purchased a hatch , the luck is that they were never actually released in Australia .
The tragik bit is that wrecking yard came to remove another car he no longer wanted and took the licenced and running hatch as well and then proceded to crush the poor thing , Basyards.

Mike.
ImageImage

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:36 pm

I don't race my coupe. Well, not in an organised sense :D.

I'm running standard replacement suspension, rear disc brakes and slotted rotors all round. Will be upgrading to Legacy brakes when money allows.

The EJ20 turbo transmission is a little tricky to fit without a lift kit, but it does get in there. Helps if the car was a factory auto, they had a larger transmission tunnel. The tailshaft needs to be shortened and the front CV joints are a mix and match.

Have a read around at the other posts on this site for more information.
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

oldskoolscooby

Post by oldskoolscooby » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:39 pm

Suba wrote:Vidler is one of the members of this board and with a lot of luck found and purchased a hatch , the luck is that they were never actually released in Australia .
The tragik bit is that wrecking yard came to remove another car he no longer wanted and took the licenced and running hatch as well and then proceded to crush the poor thing , Basyards.

Mike.
you're going to make vidler cry.
so vidler had an hatch, i am sorry that wrecking yard has taken the wrong car. :cry: .I would cry 2, because I have search long for an hatchback 1800 4x4.

is he gone cry , because i have an hatch, or that i gone make a hot hatch, meens to swamp an EA82T into it
greets marcel en monique :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oldskoolscooby

Post by oldskoolscooby » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:28 am

are there in australia subaru,s with EA81T engins??
are there easy te come on 2 EA81T cylinder heads??

in the netherlands they say to me:
dont take the EA82T engine, but I must take my one EA81 engine, search for EA81T cylinder head,s, thake the EA82T pistons, the fuel injecion, the ecu, a bigger turbo and an impreza intercooler and ik get c.a. 170 hp
whats your opinon on that anser.
greets marcel en monique :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “My Subi”