Wheel/tyre advice

Get the low down on your ride ...

Moderator: Junior Administrator

julian

Wheel/tyre advice

Post by julian » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Looking for a little help here, new car and all...

I need some new tyres before a pink slip inspection. It is really just one that is not satisfactory but all are worn to within 2mm of the guides (michelin primacy). The spare is an original Yoko G900 otherwise I would just swap it on for the inspection and bide my time looking for a good deal.

There is a local tyre place with a set of Bridgestone potenzas that were traded in and look excellent and they want $150 each fitted and balanced.

There is also a set of 4 wheels with decent goodyear tyres advertised 150km away that came off a 2002 outback so the offset is pretty similar. I could probably have the whole set for $180.

Unless anyone has a michelin primacy or yoko geolander 800 lying around then I need some advice on tyre choice.

Bring it on!
Julian

2004 Outback H6
2004 Forester XS

Organ donation saves lives

julian

Post by julian » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:18 pm

I went for the Bridgestones. They looked almost new and I ended up getting the 4 fitted for $500, and I got them do a full alignment as part of the deal.
They are the ER300s. They look and ride pretty good, but there is a decent bit of winter coming up and we'll see how they fare.
Julian

2004 Outback H6
2004 Forester XS

Organ donation saves lives

Return to “Brakes, Wheels and Tyres”