Road tyres???

Get the low down on your ride ...

Moderator: Junior Administrator

Crazyhorse

Road tyres???

Post by Crazyhorse » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:53 am

G'day ive just got myself a 91 brumby and want to know if i can fit it with 205/60/14 tyres on 14" sunnys the car is stock. Later i plan on lift, lower gears and bigger tyres.

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:32 pm

they will rub unless u cut the guards out or bash them around outta the way (Bashing is easier).
i only got 195/65 R14s on mine and had to remove the mudflaps and bash the gaurds outta the way where they were tryna to rub
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

cooloothin

Post by cooloothin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:56 pm

you'll have 3.5mm more room around your tyre than Matatak, but I'd say that means you'll still have some work to do...
RIP: stock '84 Sportswagon 4sp SR (sold after 13 years loyal service, to the wreckers for $100 :( )

'08 79V Forester X 5sp DR + subaxtreme bullbar, sump guard, Yoko geo ATS, kybs & 1inch kings (daily driver and go-anywhere tourer)

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:21 pm

lol did u work that out cooloothin
in my head i was guessin hed have less room but neway id beleive u mroe than myself
if you do have more room than me then ull not have a problem gettin a hammer out and bashing some of the front gueard away and a bit at the rear
i think mine still runs slightly close especially when hittin bumps and that but urs will eb fine
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

Return to “Brakes, Wheels and Tyres”