camping/fishing spots

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
chubby37
General Member

camping/fishing spots

Post by chubby37 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:17 pm

i,m looking for a good fishing/camping spot....fresh or salt...off the beaten track a bit,some place quiet...any ideas.......oh i,m looking around brizzy area...thanks guys
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:46 am

Bill, have you tried the Coochin Creek area? Roys road turn off about 5 mins north of the 2 Mobils on the bruce highway.

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:54 am

not yet but i think i will.so you take roys road turn off....?...thats just north of caboolture right
ImageImage

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:32 pm

is there a good spot for pumping yabbies?????eather there at coochin or near by
ImageImage

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:50 pm

Yeah, Roy's road turn off. It takes me about 20 mins from my place with the boat to get to the ramp at Coochin.

No yabby banks any where there. I would say take your cast net and get some live mullet/herring/prawns. There have been some excellent Jacks taken from just near by to there. Pretty obvious that I am not going to tell you exactly where. :D

If you walk the bank down stream (left) of the camp area throwing lures around you could score that way too. Fiddler crabs if you can catch them work well on the bream local bream. You have about 4-4.5 metres of water pretty close in right at the snaggy area there.

A little further downstream but not really accessable by foot is an excellent whiting bank that I used to fish quite often.

Muddies are pretty good around there right now too.

The ramp area or just down stream from there also fish well for jacks and cod. The odd jew has been taken right at the ramp but they are few and far between.

If you drive right to the end of the road at Coochin you come out at the Bribie passage and you may be able to find a bank there some where for some yabs.

There's stacks of tracks around that area that follow pretty close to Coochin, Hussy, Glasshouse and Bell's creeks. So if you get bored in one spot go for a drive and it won't take you long to find a new one.

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:40 pm

anyone know any other spots....in the bush by a river......anyplace is worth looking into to
ImageImage

Return to “Camping and Travel”