Longreach

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
Outback bloke

Longreach

Post by Outback bloke » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:09 pm

Any one here been to the Stockmans hall of fame or the QANTAS museum in the last 12 months or so? Just wondering what it is like these days and about how long it is going to take to get through them.

We will be out that way later in the year. I am trying to finalise the itinerary for our trip, hence the questions. Some I have spoken to have said all day at each while other people reckon you can do both in a few hours.

SubaRute

Post by SubaRute » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:28 am

here brett give this ago http://www.qfom.com.au/information/ remember its not cheeeeeeep even if you work for qantas

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:34 am

gosh time flys:rolleyes:, not 12 months ago, but in '93, Stockmans Hall was quite a large facility, easily spend all day, and why rush after spending $$ in fuel to get there? But I suppose depends on whether your a, into the details person, or just a look-see person.
Dunno why I didn't see the Quantas museum then, didn't think of it??? how?, i've always been more interested in planes :p than cowboys. Thats the other thing these days, once your there its not exactly cheap either.......$200 for a family experience.
Just outside Longreach theres an interesting display of old steam engines and stuff....wonder if its still there? Its on the road to...er don't recall sorry.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:14 pm

I think most of us are in the "looking at pictures" category. Good digital camera and a few pics and we can read all about it when we get home. We are doing a fly by of Longreach on our way further north and just needing to budget some time.

Personally I would be happy to take a pick as we drive past but the others in our crew want a little bit more of a close up. I just wanna get north and catch fish/crabs.

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:04 pm

Passed through on wednesday, but didn't stop as I have done both before. We spent most of the day doing the hall of fame and with the new addition to the qantas thing you would write off a day doing both.
Fredsub is talking about the main drag in ilfracrome.

Return to “Camping and Travel”