Exmouth and surrounds coastal Cruze

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
longy99gt

Exmouth and surrounds coastal Cruze

Post by longy99gt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:34 pm

hey fellow subeeesss
im heading up to exmouth on the 20th of july,
and camping at a variety of places,
the main plan is to head from perth, straight to exmouth, stopping just after kalbarri overnight to split up the drive,
then sit there for a couple days, nip over and around the tip to yardie creek,
then onto ningaloo, down to coral bay, stopping at most places for 1-2 nights,
then into shark bay/denham/monkia mia/ steep etc, spend almost 10 days around there, and slowly continue my way back home stopping anywhere we feel like it,
if anyone will be in the areas for any part of the trip, welcome to come along, or if anyone has been up there, and has recommendations, very welcome
Longy
"SUUBMARINE"

Previous Previous- 92 LX liberty wagon 5MT, FWD

Previous- 99 GT fozzy white/grey, 5MT,
UHF / 3" >2.5" exhuast / metal sump guard / custom snorkel / 2" lift / 215/70R16 ATR's / custom pine/ply boot with fridge mount/ 2 deep cycle batteries, spotties on UNIbar

Current Project: 2007 XT 5MT Urban Grey Forester
Subaextreme Bullbar and sump guard. GME 5W Super Compact UHF. Custom Boot with Deep cycle 100A Battery, Tools storage, solar controller and low Volt shut off, with Anderson input and outputs.
Whiteline HD Adjustable front and rear sway bars
Whiteline front tower brace and ultrex rear tower brace.
235/50/17 street tires, 235/60/16 ATR's
KYB struts with Raised HD Iron Man Springs. 1"Subtle Solutions strut top blocks.
20" LED Front Light Bar
Side Shade Awning on roof racks with 2x 18W LED Flood lights and 3x LED string lights in awning

Future: Solar Panel roof mounted(under roof basket), Low range Conversion (1.44), HD clutch, 3">2.5"TBE, Rear tire carrier,

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:45 pm

awesome plan you got.

but i have to ask if your planning on crossing yardie creek to continue south?

depending on whats been going on up there, it gets impassable for even the most rediculously big monster truck there.... last time we did the crossing we had to pull another car through that got stuck and swamped in the middle.

other then that enjoy the trip!! its an awesome coastline and i will be going back up there in a few weeks myself for a couple of weeks :D

davo
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 am

D3V1L wrote:but i have to ask if your planning on crossing yardie creek to continue south?

depending on whats been going on up there, it gets impassable for even the most rediculously big monster truck there.... last time we did the crossing we had to pull another car through that got stuck and swamped in the middle.
Awesome! Just pack *some* tyre tubes, fill with air, place strategically under the subi to float it across like Malcom Douglas does with his 4 wheeler motor bikes :twisted:

If you acutally do it, I want pics! :P

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

longy99gt

Post by longy99gt » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:10 am

heheh, i can rip the outboard off my boat, and just use that to get across,
i heard yardie creek is closed, due to recent heavy rains, hopefully it will be open again by the time i am there!!!
so i can try my snorkel!!!
i almost need a wetsuit for my car? so i can go scubadiving?
"SUUBMARINE"

UHF / 3" >2.5" exhuast / metal sump guard / custom snorkel / 2" lift / 215/70R16 ATR's / custom pine/ply boot with fridge mount/ 2 deep cycle batteries, spotties on UNIbar

Subaextreme Bullbar and sump guard. GME 5W Super Compact UHF. Custom Boot with Deep cycle 100A Battery, Tools storage, solar controller and low Volt shut off, with Anderson input and outputs.
KYB struts with Raised HD Iron Man Springs. 1"Subtle Solutions strut top blocks.
20" LED Front Light Bar
Side Shade Awning on roof racks with 2x 18W LED Flood lights and 3x LED string lights in awning

Future: Solar Panel roof mounted(under roof basket), Low range Conversion (1.44), HD clutch, 3">2.5"TBE, Rear tire carrier,

EJ22Ute

Post by EJ22Ute » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:01 am

june long weekend i caught a bronze whaler , spanish mackerel and blue bone from the beach at cape peron. were only around 50 cm the first two and 30 for the blue bone but tasty.
others caught schnapper and some decent mulloway around 80 cm maybe 12 kg.
around 200m west from the carpark just before the beach turns around the corner.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:07 pm

AWESOME !! is all I can say :mrgreen:

We arrived in Exmouth on Monday the 5th with just 1 overnighted stop just south of Carnarvon.

As for Yardie Creek just give me till tomorrow to post as I have lots to show. It has taken Telstra 4 days to get my internet sorted ( partly my fault but I'm blaming them anyway :p )

Cheers,
Paul
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:39 am

Sorry.. Had to post tonight as apparently we must attend church (well that's what Mike is calling it) on the beach tomorrow.. So if you get a chance Longy, check out my post..

showthread.php?p=148601&posted=1#post148601

I can say that you will thoughly enjoy yourself :mrgreen: and I would love to do the trip with you but I will be back at work :(
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

longy99gt

Post by longy99gt » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:08 pm

yeah, just had a peak :)
fishin advice?
bait? rigs? lures?
apparantly the creek is closed, hope its back open for when i get there
"SUUBMARINE"

20" LED Front Light Bar

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 am

Hey Longy, Lures are all you need and I am using a combination of poppers and chrome slices. Just 20lb line with a small trace with a swivel hook for easy swaps of lures and a 7ft Penn rod and reel set. Baits are ok if your wanting to catch Tarwine, Whiting or Flatheads but I'd stay with the lures. Fishing I find is best right on first light and with a bit of swell. Today is fishing boat charter so I'll let you know how that goes.

As for the Yardie Creek crossing, check out my video in my post, it's us crossing Yardie Creek at low tide. The Subie had no probs and was funny to watch everyone else that couldn't believe I was crossing it in a WHAT?? hahahaha

You enjoy it as there is plenty to do? Are you on holidays or do you work a FIFO?

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

longy99gt

Post by longy99gt » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 pm

im taking a 3 week holiday up there,
i actually work at ranger outdoors in malaga :)
soo excited to get up there,
i have a 6' and 8" flick rod,
and 11' and 12' beach rods,
need to top up on lures, but have convenient access to them
it looked pretty low, i was expecting to cross a deeper river than that, depends on the tide, i will be aiming for low tide aswell, i will take my kayak to fish off aswell, but not my boat
"SUUBMARINE"

20" LED Front Light Bar

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:10 pm

Ranger Camping hey.. could have told me that before we left :D I just spent $1500 with them just before we left. I must admit thou.. anyone that wants a quick tent to put up, then check out the OZTent. We brought the RV3 and it's the best money ever spent :cool:

You'll have a ball up here, it's a shame we'll be back before you leave, I'd loved to stay longer but I'd upset too many people :(

As for the fishing.. We've just been using the flick rods of the beach and rocks. Even my daughter Danielle caught her 40cm GT and 45cm Dart on her $25 K-Mart rod. We managed to ride a charter boat today and if you're interested. then call Danny at Ningaloo Fusion Charters on

http://ningaloofusioncharters.com/

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

uCb

Post by uCb » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:52 pm

thought the back of brumby was for sleeping in you getting soft , as for upsetting people it happens if you sneak back in to town late at night then out the next morning for work by the time you get back that will have forgotten enjoy

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:15 am

hahaha.. thx uCb but I'll stick to sleeping in comfort :)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

longy99gt

Post by longy99gt » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 am

its soooo close til i get up there!!!!!
"SUUBMARINE"

20" LED Front Light Bar

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:18 am

Longy you'll really enjoy it.. I wish I could have done the same as what you've got planned, maybe another time.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Camping and Travel”