Roof racks for 2007 Forester

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
nevetsis

Roof racks for 2007 Forester

Post by nevetsis » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Guys, Im looking to purchase a set of roof racks for a 2007 Forester and wanted to see what you guys are using and can recommend. Roof racks will be used for carrying Surfboards or a bike. The Forester has factory rails for mounting.

cheers
Nevetsis
Attachments
IMG_0997.jpg
IMG_0997.jpg (112.75 KiB) Viewed 1320 times

Willie

Post by Willie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:53 pm

I've got the Rola Racks on ours, for the mountain bikes and skis. Also have a basket I bolt to it at times.

I asked the guy cut them longer than usual, so as I can get 3 bikes across. He did it for me, but would only go about 15cm longer than usual - I wanted about 30cm longer. I can get the two bike carriers on (outboard) with the basket in between.

Check out Rhino racks - they have a promotion on in Sydney at the moment. If you let them photograph your car (they need it all day) they'll sell you the racks at 80% off. Don't know if the same thing is happening in Melbourne, though.

I have applied to get some for the BM under this offer.

Cheers,
Willie.
Canberra

MY06 Forester XT Luxury
MY05 Pajero Exceed DiD
1975 VW L Bug (1303)

nevetsis

Post by nevetsis » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Cheers Willie will check out the Rolla Racks. Can you get fittings for kayaks with the Rolla Racks?

Willie

Post by Willie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:37 pm

nevetsis wrote:Cheers Willie will check out the Rolla Racks. Can you get fittings for kayaks with the Rolla Racks?
Absolutely - all these popular brands have so many options now. Have a look at their web sites.

I've always had Rola, as I take the accessories (for the bikes and skis) from one car to the next. They are clever with their "unique" accessories - it's meant I have had to stay with Rola, or incure all the costs of getting the accessories I need if I change to Rhino, or Thule etc.
Willie.
Canberra

MY06 Forester XT Luxury
MY05 Pajero Exceed DiD
1975 VW L Bug (1303)

rabbitears

Post by rabbitears » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:45 am

Willie wrote:Check out Rhino racks - they have a promotion on in Sydney at the moment. If you let them photograph your car (they need it all day) they'll sell you the racks at 80% off.
Hiya mate

Do you know if this is still on by any chance? I'm in Sydney and I'd love to jump on it but I can't see anything on the website. Perhaps I'm missing it...or perhaps I missed the boat. :(

Willie

Post by Willie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:21 pm

They have suspended the campaign for the meantime due to a huge response apparently. The guy I spoke to (when I had the racks fitted to the BM) said he expects to do it again in a few months, once they work out which cars they need to photograph for their website. If no other car of your model has been used, then you should be in with a chance.

Keep an eye on their website, or you could call the factory at Rydalmere and talk to the sales manager who organised the promotion. (I believe his name is Michael)

Good luck.
Willie.
Canberra

MY06 Forester XT Luxury
MY05 Pajero Exceed DiD
1975 VW L Bug (1303)

Return to “Camping and Travel”