Exhaust Clearance/Mods

NachaLuva
General Member

Exhaust Clearance/Mods

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:11 pm

So how low does yours hang? :o

Have you done a lift but still find your exhaust hanging low? Or have you done some mods to get it higher? If so, what have you done?

Here's mine...muffler:
The exhaust place did a nice job lifting it out of the way Image

Bend under rear half shaft:

Middle section hanging low & exposed :(

I cant lift it any higher cos the driveshaft centre bearing is in the way :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:58 pm

I have the same as you. rear section replaced and tucked up high but the mid section is hanging 2" lower than it used to.

I really dont think it is an issue. I would rather know im bottoming out by dragging my exhaust than ding up the underbody or rip out a center bearing.
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:02 pm

vincentvega wrote: I would rather know im bottoming out by dragging my exhaust than ding up the underbody or rip out a center bearing.
Too late...my underbody has more dents than I care to look at :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 pm

mine too ;) I remember driving along some tracks on Fraser Island heading to a wedding with 5 people in the car a few years back and the girls were saying they could feel the floor pan lifting up under their feet ;)
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:20 am

vincentvega wrote:the girls were saying they could feel the floor pan lifting up under their feet ;)
You've only got to be worried when you can feel the seat you're sitting in moving :twisted:

My custom exhaust bends up after the cat. From there it's quite different from stock to the point that if I removed the lift kit I'd need a new exhaust as it goes above the rear K frame rather than below it.

My resonator sits about the same as yours does, there's a matching imprint in the floor above it :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Exhausts”