Twins on a liberty wagon?

Green_eyed_liberty

Twins on a liberty wagon?

Post by Green_eyed_liberty » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:05 pm

hey all

ive got a 93 liberty wagon and was wondering on the twin exausts live the new libertys are coming out with..

i know there will have to be some cutting n maby fiberglassing / bogging?? in the rear bar
and the spare wheel-well will have to be beeten a little bit..

is there anything else that will have to look at??

Thanks

Tony Gold Coast

3*libertys
SVX

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:13 pm

The twin system that the new Liberty looks like it has is only a way for them to add another muffler to reduce noise even more. The exhaust runs the length of the car as a single unit and splits just behond the rear diff so it can run through two huge mufflers.

Looks good but it is only there for noise reduction, not power. Other than that go for it. They do look good.

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:18 pm

Yeah spot on for looks. You'll need to devise a mounting system for the RHS muffler though - might get ugly (there's a big fuel tank there!).
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:12 am

Heh When I got my Liberty I wanted twin exhaust, so went around a few places some laughed, some said can be done but needs body work to be done plus price wont come cheap and you will have some small power loss, and you go and have a look under the car see what it needs to be done! and also the fuel tank is simply in the way.
Cheers
AP

Bobbrumby

Post by Bobbrumby » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:34 am

If you do go ahead with a full dual system, like from the headers back, make sure you have a x joint between the two sides. This is for scavenging so the left over exhuast in the cumbustion chamber is sucked out by vacuum built up from another exhuast pulse going past the x. Hope that made sense.

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:36 pm

Made sense to me :D That's why extractors are called extractors.
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

Return to “Exhausts”