Exhaust 2003 2.5RX

dthomson

Exhaust 2003 2.5RX

Post by dthomson » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:22 pm

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could give me advice on putting an exhaust on my 2.5 rx liberty. Either just a tip or whole system, pros and cons would be appreciated! thnx :):)

bobbyjimmy

Post by bobbyjimmy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:50 am

Get a set of the Borla replica headers (the ones on eBay), they give it more of a burble an free it up abit.

The rear muffler is the most important part, get it wrong and it drones and is loud.
I got a hiTech muffler made up for my car, 2.25" in and about 3.5 or 4" tip, no drone and isn't very loud.

Keep the standard mid-pipe - unless you want to spend an extra few hundred, and get an extra 0.5kw.

Don't go bigger than 2.25".

dthomson

Post by dthomson » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:57 pm

ohh okay awesome thanks heaps. Also im a P plater and was wondering if there is anything i can do to kind of make the car run not so much faster but more responsive or something like that. As you know the P plate regulations restrict me quite a bit, dont get me wrong the car goes very well as it is but im just looking for that kind of finer tuning. THNX

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:37 pm

I have recently replaced the rear muffler on my MY02 (Gen3) Outback 2.5L with an ebay baby cannon (2" in, 4" barrel, 3" tip), fitted perfectly on to the factory system, just needed to extend the pipe slightly but now it all tucks up nicely into the rear bumper, wouldn't know it was there if you weren't looking for it.

Made an unbelievable difference in regard to responsiveness and bottom end torque and has a nice note to it too.

Other than that the whole system is stock as a rock.

You wouldn't have to go for a cannon, any free flowing turbo muffler would give the same result, it's just what I had lying around.

Jordan.
To become old and wise, first you must survive being young and dumb.

bobbyjimmy

Post by bobbyjimmy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:25 am

dthomson wrote:Also im a P plater and was wondering if there is anything i can do to kind of make the car run not so much faster but more responsive or something like that. As you know the P plate regulations restrict me quite a bit, dont get me wrong the car goes very well as it is but im just looking for that kind of finer tuning.
Run 3 tanks of 98RON fuel through the car, then reset the ECU.

A CAI (cold air intake)/snorkus delete, then reset the ECU.

That really about it, unless you want to spend big $$, then its a waste and you should of gone an engine swap.
But you could change to synthetic oils and give your car a clay bar and a polish (seriously, it cuts the drag down and makes the car look better).

dthomson

Post by dthomson » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:23 am

alright thanks alot yeh the exhaust sounds like a really good idea i mean i dont have the money to spend so thanks for the alternatvies guys :D

Return to “Exhausts”