Brumby- oil gauge in clock hole

Get the most out of your ride & how to make enhancements ...
steptoe
Master Member

Brumby- oil gauge in clock hole

Post by steptoe » Mon May 19, 2014 9:40 pm

Not an original idea by now, but finally after buying an oil pressure gauge kit to fit in where the clock should be ....

I found the receipt in the box - Sept 2007, intended for Brumby #1, skipped #2 now installed in #3.

Gauge set was out for a few reasons, this job became another :)

Once clock was out, the gauges securing bolts were dabbed with corrector fluid to mark their hole desires as gauge slotted down hole from front, drilled holes in circuit board, checking for printed stuff behind (but forgot when it came to drill for wires out hole - slight bridge fixed ;oops: )

Scraped the insulation off the printed circuit for lighting and soldered the gauge lights to it, power came from the IGN + stud up the other side behind fuel gauge and found an earth for the gauge elsewhere on the board - the old earth for the clock !

A yellow wire picked from an old loom to match oil pressure light wire now dangles below....waiting

I know the missing clock is gonna get me, never really needed an oil pressure gauge...but... the EA82T is destined for Brumby #3. Boost gauge might have been better ??

Return to “Conversions, Modifications and Performance Upgrades”