few things...

Get the most out of your ride & how to make enhancements ...
twilightprotege

few things...

Post by twilightprotege » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:05 pm

firstly, i'm thinking of doing a paint job on my rx turbo - what is the colour called for it's silver and colour code if possible???
secondly, has anyone worked out the exact opposite silver (or grey) colour for it? ;)

next, can the newer grill (as seen here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Leonestation.jpg) fit in place of the older grill?

lastly, where can you get this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Subaru_DL_sedan.jpg) dual headlight setup??? does it work/fit with our aussie variants?

06 Foz, 2" lift, 225/70/16 tyres

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Yes you can retro-fit the later model grill very easily, I did this.
You really need the later lower metal bit that goes directly beneath it, and runs around the full width of the front of the car, under the headlights. This has two little platforms on it, the later model grill has two little stubs that sit on them.
At the top of the grill there are two holes while are used to secure the top part to the little metal tabs which are tack welded to the car in the later models - yours won't have this. You can make some little metal brackets and tack weld them on, or even little bolts or pop rivits would do the trick, just depends how tidy you need it to be.
I just used a couple of bits of handy-wire on either side of mine at the top and twisted it around the side bits of the headlights and this held it in fine - very lazy I know but it worked great. I love the later model grills, gives the car a much more modern look I think.

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:11 pm

The colour is Lightning Silver.
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

twilightprotege

Post by twilightprotege » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:17 pm

i thought it was lightning silver, thanks.

can tabs be made up for that lower metal bar thingie?

06 Foz, 2" lift, 225/70/16 tyres

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:19 pm

was thinking the same thing about the grille and the updated look. Got one sitting around somewhere...

Return to “Conversions, Modifications and Performance Upgrades”