Help! Identify these two plugs from EA81 A/C wiring behind glovebox

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
dfoyl

Help! Identify these two plugs from EA81 A/C wiring behind glovebox

Post by dfoyl » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:00 pm

Any residents with an EA81-based vehicle which has A/C installed that can check these plugs for me ?

I'm retrofitting an A/C system from a 83 Leone into my 89 Brumby, and have pretty much all the wiring sorted out EXCEPT I can't work out the point of two plugs (see photo) that come off the A/C loom and sit either behind the glovebox or behind the heater controls. I have got the cables that connect to the A/C switch, and the cables that control the blower fan, but these two extra plugs don't seem to have anything else to connect to.

Anybody out there got an EA81 with A/C fitted who can check these ? I've tried a few wreckers in the past few days but few cars still have A/C systems and even less have these cables installed. I think they *may* be specific to only certain EA81 A/C units as there are some that have a row of relays sitting on the drivers side shock absorber mount (mine included) while others don't have any relays at all (especially the earlier models). I am guessing the relay block is for the fast idle system...

TIA!

Dean.

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:34 pm

They plug into the loom that goes to the fan motor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

dwayneb

Post by dwayneb » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:36 am

As SWK as said, they go from the fan switch, disconnect the fan, and they should piggy back into them.
Back in a Subaru, 03 Forester XS:D

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:57 pm

I assume you mean the plug behind the control panel, and not the plug that is tucked into the far left corner of the dash - as that one is a 2-way only and these are 3-way plugs. I buzzed out the red/white cable running from the 3-way plug behind the control panel to the fan and it comes in almost to 0 (0.003) ohms, but the other wire (there's only two wires coming out of the 3-way plug but three wires coming in) - which is black - doesn't match the other colour on the 2-way plug - which is green.

Thanks for the input so far...I want to get the dash back together and at least get it back on the road so the missus' car can get taken in for panel work :rolleyes:

Dean.

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”