TPMS Module Integration

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
Archilies

TPMS Module Integration

Post by Archilies » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi,

I am new to the forum and I have a 2012 Subaru Impreza STI Spec R Hatch. It has premium OEM Sat Nav (Kenwood) head unit installed at the moment. I am looking to upgrade the head unit and I wanted to get the most out of the new head unit and get as much integration as possible.

So here is my question... my STI didn't come with the TMPS module by default and I would like to have a TMPS system installed in the car. From what I can determine there is an OEM TMPS module available and I have check and it seems that I have the wiring is in place to connect it. So here is the technical part of the question... most of the posts I have read seem to say the TPMS module is very basic and only provides a single warning light on the dashboard if the battery or tyre pressure is low and it does not specify which tyre has the low battery or pressure. I was wondering if there was someone out there that had the Premium head unit and TPMS, does it display in the head unit and show more details than the basic dashboard light?

What I would like to do is try and get something to work that will integrate with the Maestro RR integration unit and give me details of battery life and pressure for all 4 tyres. If I can do ith with an OEM then that would potentially be easier but if someone has achieved some integration with an after market unit then I would love to hear how you did it.

Anyway, Happy NY to everyone.

Regards

David

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: TPMS Module Integration

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:52 am

G’day David,

Welcome to the forum!

You’re breaking new ground on this one. Hopefully someone more technologically up to date than I am will reply.

You could try your luck at Subyclub.com or Perth-wrx.com to see if someone can answer your questions.

If/when you find a solution can you pls post it here - it could help out others in the future ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Archilies

Re: TPMS Module Integration

Post by Archilies » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:51 pm

Hi Bennie,

Thank for the reply. I will give the other forums a try and if they I can find an answer I will post here so people have a complete thread if they need it.

Regards

David

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”