it is getting worse ....

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
steptoe
Master Member

it is getting worse ....

Post by steptoe » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:47 am

after years of wiring things into cars, I am now finding myself sifting through my old Sube wiring looms to source the same coloured wires for things so my additional wiring still matches the wiring diagrams. I have just wired in a relay for a manual switch for electric fans on the radiator switch. Found yellow/white trace and 2 of brown blotches every inch or so to connect the fan switch to the relay. The second fan relay was just yellow for yellow, blue for blue. The relay level is getting more anal !!

Incidentally, wired the manual ON relay differently .....

got battery 12V going to 86
the in cabin switch will connect a dash earth to 85 so when I earth switch on the relay an earth lead to 30 will connect 87 to another earth of the radiator fan switch ( I hope it is earth at that switch ! )

Not happy with engine temp getting to a high, harder to cool down temp , of 91C before fans cut in. A lower listed temp switch previous work made no difference :(

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:13 am

Was going to say something, but stupid tablet keeps dropping out ...

OK sounds like ocd kicking in when you have to colour coordinate your wiring ... ;)

Bet you have hoarders desease as well, with a shit load of old wiring looms taking up valuable room ... :)

Ciao, Bantum ...

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”