00 outback HVAC auto control panel

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
Thalass

00 outback HVAC auto control panel

Post by Thalass » Wed May 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Hey guys. Its odd, but both the "auto" and "off" buttons an my aircon panel have stopped working. First the auto button, then the off button after a few days. All the other buttons, the fans and compressor all work fine. I tried the self test but of course that needs the auto and the fresh/recirc button to be held down... so that doesn't work. And the t/shooting for the self test (checking the power and ground pins) all checked out.

I tried to pull the controller apart, but i couldn't get to the auto/off switches. Everything else is accessible, though and looks fine. It seems to me that the switches themselves are the problem, but i can't be sure until i can get to the damn things!

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?
Living in Canada now. Looking at all these SVXs for sale...
I'VE GOT AN OUTBACK AGAIN WOOT

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:34 am

Hey Ben.. wow.. you are still alive :) hehehe long time no see (except when you were at work on the tarmac) on the forum. Your car must need that lift kit by now?? lol

As for the problem with the A/C control unit (btw.. love the aero speak) I'd suggest you just try replacing it. I'd give this guy a call...
http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehi ... Z272086648
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Haha yeah i've been around. Haven't been having fun in the car due to money issues, though. And the car is overdue for its check for the same reason :|

Thanks for that link. I just sent that guy an email and he's got one! Now i just have to find $50! haha
Living in Canada now. Looking at all these SVXs for sale...
I'VE GOT AN OUTBACK AGAIN WOOT

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”