Old subaru parts finder

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
Cliff R
General Member

Old subaru parts finder

Post by Cliff R » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:00 pm

I would like to recommend the following as a good source of finding parts for old Subarus.

http://www.autoparts.com.au

I put it "out there" for a replacement full instrument cluster for my 1982 tourning wagon :) but NOT the digital one (I can get this locally).
The result was two replies with the clusters being available and I also picked up another oil gauge sender unit as a spare. While I have the original Subaru part number for the sender they are no longer available from Subaru (so I believe).
The best bit is the new cluster has 146 thousand ks on the clock and mine has 255 thousand ks. This (hopefully) means it has had less use and should last another 29 years (I dont think it has been around the clock)
If it is OK for the form and anyone is interested I an happy to recommend the two suppliers who replied. Obviously one was the end supplier.

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Cliff R wrote:I would like to recommend the following as a good source of finding parts for old Subarus.

http://www.autoparts.com.au

I put it "out there" for a replacement full instrument cluster for my 1982 tourning wagon :) but NOT the digital one (I can get this locally).
The result was two replies with the clusters being available and I also picked up another oil gauge sender unit as a spare. While I have the original Subaru part number for the sender they are no longer available from Subaru (so I believe).
The best bit is the new cluster has 146 thousand ks on the clock and mine has 255 thousand ks. This (hopefully) means it has had less use and should last another 29 years (I dont think it has been around the clock)
If it is OK for the form and anyone is interested I an happy to recommend the two suppliers who replied. Obviously one was the end supplier.
What sort of dollars for these items?
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:27 am

Ended up being $135.00 for both the cluster and the sender and this included freight from Campbellfield VIC to Muswellbrook NSW

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:10 am

Cliff R wrote:Ended up being $135.00 for both the cluster and the sender and this included freight from Campbellfield VIC to Muswellbrook NSW
thats actually quite reasonable in the parts world I saw a set of 4 second hand injectors for a not subaru motor sell for $550 dollars yesterday(not including courier fees) seems the company that makes these injectors goes by the price of gold and weight of the parts on the day you want to buy them.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 am

The "new" cluster is certainly less faded than my original one. I will need to swap the perspex facia though as the "new" one has a crack and the original one doesnt.
I was getting a bit worried about the oil gauge sender as Subaru dont sell them any more and I was getting ready to do the rounds of the local wreckers to find one off another car (I know I have little chance of finding an original one). The sender I have just bought is only a spare but it is still piece of mind to have one.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:02 pm

just for future info if ever needed... the EA82 has the same oil pressure sender :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:53 pm

WHAT !!!!

The same sender !!!
This is excellent news. I would love to get a hold of a brand new one.
I am currently on 2nd hand sender number 4 with the one I have just bought being potential number 5.
I have the OEM part number for the original sender and the upgraded part number all from Subaru.
So, is it the case any L series etc will fit or only certain years ?

masterjohnson

Post by masterjohnson » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Cliff R wrote:Ended up being $135.00 for both the cluster and the sender and this included freight from Campbellfield VIC to Muswellbrook NSW
Is that really the most cheapest price? before i buy something else outside i try to compare subaru oem parts first on frog's list
i just cant stop being frog's supporter and fanatic lol. try to look on these link too see how many compliments he got from others lol i think he must give me a discount for giving such a good compliment.kidding.
showthread.php?t=8643

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah guys pm me for a price I can sometimes surprise
I've got more than is on the list
Discounts can be found also on "new , old stock"
'cause I'm sick of counting it every stock take :-)
I'll endeavor to look after Ausubaru members as best I can
Anyone looking for Mazda Hyundai Suzuki and I've even got some alpha gear taking up too much space - and stock take is approaching ......

I'm motivated for space so get in touch :-)

My pm box is always 90% full so email usually better
agreen at domsmotors
Dot com dot au
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”