'01 Climate control Button stuck

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
marcusvn

'01 Climate control Button stuck

Post by marcusvn » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:37 am

Hey guys
I have an '01 Outback with climate control.
And the 'off' button dosnt seem to work now?
It still presses it and out but dosnt respond.
Just wondering if there is anything I can check before I start pulling apart the dash? (Fuses or anything)
Thanks guys

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:32 am

The cover to the fuse box under the dash shows which fuse is for what...1st stop is there. Use the little plastic tweezer thing to pull out the fuse :wink:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:33 am

Not really sure why you'd check a fuse to turn it off ???

I remember on my H6 that you turned the system on by pressing the fan or auto button and only used the off button to do what it says.

I also found that if you had your lights on during the day (which I just left them on as they turned off when I turned the car off) then you could press and hold the OFF button to brighten up the display panel.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

marcusvn

Post by marcusvn » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Yeah I havnt bothered checking the fuses cause they would only malfunction if it wasn't turning on.
Looks like I'll have to rip apart the dash:(

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:06 pm

I never turn mine off. I adjust the temp between 23 and 26 deg and just adjust the fan speed and mode as i desire.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:10 pm

So yours is always on? and not turning off? Can you adjust the temp and fan speed? and is your display getting brighter if the headlights are on?

Have you got a copy of the workshop manual or the likes? From memory, you need to remove the stereo surround and then the vents above that, this will then expose the mounting screws for the head unit.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Davidov

Post by Davidov » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:51 pm

To remove it, you should just need to remove the trim surrounding the gearstick, to expose two screws on the plastic trim around the stereo/ climate control unit. Remove those two then the plastic trim should pull out (with some effort most of the time, its clipped in in multiple places). No dash removal required. Should be a pretty simple job taking no more than maybe 15 minutes to remove. The unit should come out in a 'cage' holding both the stereo and aircon. This comes out with 6 screws (2 on each side and two underneath).

Like Gannon I just leave it on at all times anyway, its nice to have some air circulation when the windows are up for whatever reason.
MY03 Outback JDM Turbo Conversion
Taza: "Is this phone quad cam?"

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Having the ac on all the time also keep the inside of the car moisture free and reduces fog on the inside of the windscreen first thing in the morning.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”