Rocker Spacer

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
lerety

Rocker Spacer

Post by lerety » Mon May 27, 2024 9:46 pm

Hi all,
well gave the old girl a tidy up on the weekend by replacing the front crank seal and resealing the oil pump and valve set check. Found excess movement in the intake rocker arm on the RH rear cylinder. Noticed that the bonus codes online spacer has been worn down and is now to narrow to space the two inlet rockers apart correctly. The 'wave' washers dont even touch now. And now the rocker arm is been pushed further down the shaft toward the front of the engine due to not been square with the pushrod, increasing wear.

So has anyone got one lying around that i can have/buy? Or one they can take measurements/photos so that i can make one at work

THanks
Last edited by lerety on Thu May 30, 2024 6:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Rocker Spacer

Post by El_Freddo » Wed May 29, 2024 10:14 pm

G’day Lererty,

That EA81 must have seen some work! I wonder how that happens, I’ve heard of these engines running until there’s no adjustment left on the valve lash adjusters.

I should have some heads in the shed that I can measure the part from.

This is a pic of my rocker arms when one of the adjusters decided to try to take a walk:

The part you’re after I’m guessing is the spacer between the middle valves. They’re the exhaust valves on the EA81. The EA82 has them the other way around ;)

I’ll see if I’ve got a spare valve train I can pull apart for that spacer to send you. I’ll get that measurement anyway.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”