EA81 MY inlet manifold coolant hose

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
Cliff R
General Member

EA81 MY inlet manifold coolant hose

Post by Cliff R » Sun May 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Anyone know if we can still get new ones of that pesky small coolant hose that runs from the passenger side of the inlet manifold on an EA81 and runs from the the manifold (just below where the carby bolts on to the manifold) to coolant system across towards the passenger strut tower.
This is it and I have now used some 5/16" fuel hose to replace the one in the photo.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun May 14, 2017 5:30 pm

You could try hitting up FROG and see what he can find. If non in Oz, grab the part number and check partsouq.com (I think that's it, been a while since I've used it).

I've used a small bit if coolant hose with a car tie to get it around the dizzy without kinking...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Tue May 16, 2017 6:52 pm

El_Freddo wrote:You could try hitting up FROG and see what he can find. If non in Oz, grab the part number and check partsouq.com (I think that's it, been a while since I've used it).

I've used a small bit if coolant hose with a car tie to get it around the dizzy without kinking...

Cheers

Bennie
Bennie

The 5/16" fuel hose will be OK and isnt kinking to any great extent.
The issues I think is the original hose is formed to stay in the shape it is so it wont rub on the manifold where it bends up and on the alternator bracket where it rubs.
I guess I could just keep an eye on it and see how it goes and replace as it wears from rubbing.

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”