rear drive shafts keeps popping out!

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
taza
General Member

Post by taza » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 pm

NachaLuva wrote:Repco - Rip Every Poor Customer Off lol :rolleyes:
I see it as Rip Every Poor C**t off! lol Coz we are all poor c***s. We own subarus....

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 pm

I just called my dealership & the spare parts guy said he cant check my diff ratio using the VIN...I thought they kept complete build details & could access that through the VIN? Image

Anyway, the poor spare parts guy, who is prob getting sick of me by now lol, said he would find out & call me back...

A few hours later he did & said its 4.111 if my SF is a manual. I asked if there's any way to be sure & he said it will have "T2" on the diff for a manual, if auto "VAIRSS-XH" & be 4.44. Time to clean the muck off the diff & look. If I cant see anything then I'll jack the car up & turn the driveshaft & count the turns of the wheels (thx Pezimm). But I was pretty sure it was 4.111 so was the dealer...
taza wrote:I see it as Rip Every Poor C**t off! lol Coz we are all poor c***s. We own subarus....
I prefer my version lol. Lil bit nicer & I like my Subie ;) They're just not a Jeep...thankfully!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:17 pm

NachaLuva wrote:I just called my dealership & the spare parts guy said he cant check my diff ratio using the VIN...
I'd send FROG your VIN - worked for me with my mate's liberty :D

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:03 am

NachaLuva wrote: They're just not a Jeep...thankfully!
Was listening to Will Hagon on the radio Thursday night and he was nothin' but full of praise for his Jeep and the brand in whole. Nearly fell off my seat !! Maybe the ones I've seen have been poorly treated and not maintained as needed? Think he quoted a 98 Cherokee being for sale at $2500 and saying it would go forever. He paid a lot more for his some years back. I saw a Grand Cheokee , 99 model with 130,000km, all the goods for $1500, just needed timing chain kit, new heads , the front tailshaft put back in - to discover it needs to come out to fix it :)

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:29 am

El_Freddo wrote:I'd send FROG your VIN - worked for me with my mate's liberty :D
Thanks mate :)

Thunder, why dont you give Frog a call too. He works at a Subaru dealership, knows his stuff & is more than helpful!
steptoe wrote:Think he quoted a 98 Cherokee being for sale at $2500 and saying it would go forever. He paid a lot more for his some years back. I saw a Grand Cheokee , 99 model with 130,000km, all the goods for $1500, just needed timing chain kit, new heads , the front tailshaft put back in - to discover it needs to come out to fix it :)
Yeah, great ability offroad but they dont seem to be too reliable...what do you expect for something made in the US...I'd only get something made in Japan or Germany ;)

Plus their resale value is crap, unlike our Subies whose resale is ridiculously high :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:45 am

NachaLuva wrote:Thanks mate :)

Thunder, why dont you give Frog a call too. He works at a Subaru dealership, knows his stuff & is more than helpful!

Yeah, great ability offroad but they dont seem to be too reliable...what do you expect for something made in the US...I'd only get something made in Japan or Germany ;)
i was going to do get in contact with him early in the new year. just need my vin?

when it comes to cars if its not made in australia, japan or south korea (in the last 3 years). its not worth buying ;)
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:45 am

thunder039 wrote:i was going to do get in contact with him early in the new year. just need my vin?
My local dealership was only limited help, but Frog really knows his stuff & is very helpful. Your VIN has all kinds of info they can look up. I've quoted mine so many times I'm starting to know it off by heart lol :roll:
when it comes to cars if its not made in australia, japan or south korea (in the last 3 years). its not worth buying ;)
H****dai (Shhh ;)) have come along in leaps & bounds. The local Subie dealership would be closed if H****dai werent keeping them going...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:40 pm

thunder039 wrote:i was going to do get in contact with him early in the new year. just need my vin?
Yep. Don't be demanding and you'll be sweet. Andy's great to deal with from my experiences! I've got some parts on standby at the moment, just waiting on the next paycheck :D

Cheers

Bennie

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:53 pm

well i got a 2nd hand diff for mordy auto is melbourne. $550 delivered was a bit pricey but i hear they are good to deal with if you have issues with the product.

i installed the diff yesterday, hardest part of the job was trying to hold it in place to do the first few bolts on.

have done about 150km now with the new diff and put it through some flex and so far so good! :) the drive shafts are staying in and the diff has no whine.
i hope for the sack of my sanity this continues! :p

i took the side covers off the old diff to have a quick look and me and the mechanic could not see any issues :confused: would imagine if we took it fully apart we would find something wrong but ran out of time.
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:34 pm

I hope this solves the issue mate! It's been going on for long enough!

Cheers

Bennie

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:08 am

Don't want to jinx it but that's good news :cool:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”