clutch slipping

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
leebag

clutch slipping

Post by leebag » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:20 pm

got a new gear box and clutch put it on the 7/9/07! no in 1st it slips when spirited and and also when doing turns i can pretty much just play with the throttle! this clutch is a brass button ceramic clutch, it shouldn't be slipping on my stock ea82t !!! i can guarantee the work as it was done by Steve@rising sun! so i went to see Steve about it slipping he think the diafram could of failed. so i then to it to the clutch place where i bought this clutch from and said this things slipping all ready! they took it for a test drive! my Nanna could drive it harder, they were lucky to let it boost up! it's all good no problems! lol! we'll test the clutch if you bring it! i got a quote off Steve and rang them and told them, they replied we'll only pay $32/hr for labour ! not happy! if you can get a mechanic to work for that good on ya! so now i have to get the clutch to them , so need a bit of advice! what to do?

littlewhiteute

Post by littlewhiteute » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:15 pm

Strange it slips in first only, normally slippage will start in a taller gear, like 3rd or 4th, especially if you have a torquey motor.
They took it for a test drive, and didn't load the engine WOT in 3rd gear?
Regards

Gary ;)

leebag

Post by leebag » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:04 pm

it happens in 3rd to on bumpy roads and also on long corners! that real fun just playing with the throttle in third! make me feel like a drifter!the clutch guy did do the load test in 3rd, but only at like 2500rpm which is well bellow max tourqe! but no wheel spin just noise!lol! ain't no drifter any way! question what do the rally cars use because if mines slipping in 2 months, those rally spec l-series would of just killed this in all respect and this was the best one i could get from the clutch shop!

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:41 pm

I've had a rear main go, just made a mess didn't actually get on the clutch, but when the gearbox front main went was a different story all together, sounds exactly like you're describing.

Jordan.
To become old and wise, first you must survive being young and dumb.

littlewhiteute

Post by littlewhiteute » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:43 pm

Definately a pressure plate issue, if your clutch is the best you could buy then you certainly shouldn't have an issue with it yet.
Get them to drive it again with you in the car, that way you can see what they are doing, tell them to put their foot down, etc.
Regards

Gary ;)

tassyraider

Post by tassyraider » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:47 am

hi
iv got a brumby with ej18 ,adapta plate cupouled up to lseries 5 speed
dont drive mutch and in my taller gears even 5th, 1500 2000 revs it has sliped,mabe 5 times around long uphill bends like change of direction
my remedy now is AWD in progress
what gear have you in your vehical
cheerz mick
current ej18 awd targa brumby
95 impreza awd sportz wagon

tassyraider

Post by tassyraider » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:54 am

also to add has the flywheel been lightend on the driven surface as iv herd of this practice whitch i think is STUPID
some it works to, some dont igeuss
current ej18 awd targa brumby
95 impreza awd sportz wagon

leebag

Post by leebag » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:20 pm

it's just a stock as a rock RX turbo! brass button ceramic clutch!! this thing should hold with the stock ea82t!!!! it's going to steve's on monday to get taken out and the clutch place can test it!!! what happens if theres no leak and the clutch place says it's fine??? also did a quick stall test no boost fine stalled and then when the boost was on and i puy my foot down it slipped for about 2-4 secs and then stalled?

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”