outback into liberty

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
leeton1203

outback into liberty

Post by leeton1203 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:22 am

So i was courious for posible future when my original liberty engine goes ( done 370000) can the outback 2.5 or 3l fit into the liberty fairly easy i have a 95 so that would be 2gen liberty

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:27 am

Define easy? they can all fit but time and money is needed. It really depends on what the final product is that you require? As the Gen2 already came out with the EJ25 DOHC (Outback and RX models) then this would be the easiest to swap. As for the H6 conversion, then I would start saving now :)

Venom's H6 is a Gen2 but from memory it was done by someone else (sorry Venom if this is incorrect) and it looks a very nice conversion, see here...
showthread.php?t=16753
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:11 am

Haha i'm not brave enough to do my own conversion, yet. Al who did my h6 conversion reckon'd about 8thousand to do the job including motor and all parts. Might be a bit cheaper now the h6's are more common. No more complicated than any other conversion that requires a loom splice.

The 2.5 quad cam can plug straight into the 2.2 loom, there's lots about it on usmb forums, its worth doing a search over there.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”