EA82T not running, starts but stops

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:37 pm

So are you saying that only 2 injectors are working, or only 2 connectors are working?

Its hard to test the output of the injector, as there is always 12v there, just the duty cycle changes. But you can test the coils on the injectors with a multimeter, they should be in the range of 1-4ohms i think

The 1" hole for a resonator boot. Its just a chamber to muffle the flutter sound you get when changing gears. Not a vital component, the car will run fine as long as it is plugged.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Ronin

Post by Ronin » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm

All the connectors work, only two injectors are working.
Hopefully Ill have another couple working injectors this week and can see if its running nicely on all 4.

Ah, so thats what the hole is for.
Ill check the resistance on the injectors tomorrow, but im not to fussed as Im getting another two for nothing. cheers for that.

Where is the best place to measure boost from??

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Ronin wrote:Where is the best place to measure boost from??
The intake manifold.

I put a 'T' piece in the vac line that goes to the little white canister behind the drivers side strut tower.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Ronin

Post by Ronin » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:07 pm

Sweet, thanks.
I actually have a spare vacume line coming from the intake behind the throttle body, below the mix screw (But not on the actual trottle bodie like the screw). I think its supposed to be used with automatic transmission??? Its a small one, ~3mm inner diameter, about 20cm long if that. If it is ment for the auto box (which i dont have) could I use that line for the boost?

Return to “Trouble Shooting”