immobilizer problems

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
tans rex

immobilizer problems

Post by tans rex » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:02 am

Hi all

My wifes 02 wrx is having a few immobilizer dramas. Sometimes the key light on the dash wont go out & the engine starts then stops straight away. The other night will driving to her sisters the key light flashed while she was driving & when she turned the car off it would not start again. I had to disconnect the battery for 15mins then everything was ok. Is the immobilizer having a meltdown? Just a note too I have bypassed the stupid keypad for the brandt system too. I want the brandt removed but I dont think its the cause of the problem on this occasion. Any thoughts would be appriciated.

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 pm

I had it before where one of the plugs was loose and not making a good connection at the immobiliser. How did you remove the keypad and still allow the brandt to work?

Sent from my new touchy phone thingy
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

littlewhiteute

Post by littlewhiteute » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:21 pm

More than likely the Brandt is the cause of your problem.

My 2002 WRX EVO 5 has an issue of no crank intermittently hot, I know if I knock the dash near the glovebox, it will crank and run normally.

Google Brandt, there heaps on the net.
Regards

Gary ;)

Return to “Trouble Shooting”